Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 15, 2009, 8:46 PM   #311

your main differences between the newest firmware and the one your cam came with is bitrate and low light performance, also the color density is increased quite a bit. the still cam with flash works much better. the higher bitrate alone is worth the upgrade. they took the 1080 from 7.6 megabit to over 10 megabit also the remote control seems to work better when you hook it to your tv. im using 2703 and it works flawlessly. had it not been for the firmware upgrades found here i would have sold mine, but now im really happy with it.
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 11:58 PM   #312

Hi Chris,

Did you use the 2703 that was posted by firmwaredude a couple of pages back (page 29, message #283) and have had no problems (virus, SDHC card speed issues, etc.) with it so far?

BTW, I finally got a response from Aiptek and it's the same lip service that everybody else got. If unofficial sources are the only way to have these FW updates, then so be it. KCUF Aiptek!
camjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2009, 1:21 AM   #313

yeah thats the one im using, it works great
Old May 16, 2009, 1:30 AM   #314

Thanks man.
Old May 16, 2009, 7:14 PM   #315

It seems that a text file named "msgout.txt" (excluding quotes) is always created in my SDHC card (Removable Disk). The file can be deleted but it is always created the next time the GVS is turned on and initializes the SDHC card. The file contains the following text string (excluding quotes):

"mp_stg2_size:41943040pcsw_verify_image:fail"

Does anybody have any idea what this is and why it is generated?
Old May 17, 2009, 7:29 AM   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by camjock View Post
It seems that a text file named "msgout.txt" (excluding quotes) is always created in my SDHC card (Removable Disk). The file can be deleted but it is always created the next time the GVS is turned on and initializes the SDHC card. The file contains the following text string (excluding quotes):

"mp_stg2_size:41943040pcsw_verify_image:fail"

Does anybody have any idea what this is and why it is generated?
Correct the txt file, is just a file nothing more, will be removed on the newer fw already out and denied t oall as it is not for the GVS or is it?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2009, 11:41 AM   #317

Great reviews.
I decided to buy the sony dcr sr47 but when i found this site and after checking the reviews, posts and samples about the Aiptek Action HD GVS 1080P High Definition Camcorder with 5x Optical zoom I changed my decision. That is a good cam.
The cam is about 180$ on Amazon.com but they do not ship this product to Canada, and it's not available on Amazon.ca.
Are there some one who can help me.
I want to do the check out and pay the cam on Amazon.com and ship it to some one with US address. After that he ships it to me to canada and charges me the fees.

Thanks again for the reviews.
oglaolga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2009, 12:16 PM   #318

thought I grab the GVS, the sanyo hd700 and the AHD+ look at the field of depth. funny how the AHD+ wins over the other two. The sanny had only about a inch difference in the filed. wonder if that is the actual way things are today, while the AHD+ was way better in the distance. I just measured about three feet see how wide each area looked. nothing more.

If I have to do my reviews I will have to film with the AHD series, but lack the sound. I can always use a sound/vid recorder but why botherwhen all I have to do is go to a better company and brand.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2009, 9:37 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Correct the txt file, is just a file nothing more, will be removed on the newer fw already out and denied t oall as it is not for the GVS or is it?
Thanks Fishy.
Old May 19, 2009, 12:41 AM   #320

Hey i posted a new vid. its http://www.vimeo.com/4720724 I would have kept the original sound so you could hear the waterfall but my girlfriend started going on and on about something, and i figured the rest of the world didnt need to hear that. Somthing about fishing with her uncle or something. The original vid is a bit sharper but that happens when ever you resample. its 1080 resampled to wmv and i used a tripod. check out the difference in color between the newer vids and the helicopter taking off in my previous vids the heli was taken with firm 2003 while the riverboat was 2503 and the new one was 2703