Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 19, 2009, 7:08 PM   #321

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...post970300made this is a seperate topic so you can realy see what the gvs looks like apart

Last edited by fishycomics; May 20, 2009 at 3:24 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 1:22 AM   #322

I went out and tested 2703 over the weekend. These were captured @ 720p-60fps with auto white balance and with a .6x wide angle attachment (some quality loss). The GVS was not mounted on a mechanical stabilizer as I usually do; entirely hand-held.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN5ho...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3llf...e=channel_page

Compared to the other vids (2302) on this youtube channel, 2703 does have some improvement in color saturation.
camjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 4:11 AM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolicious View Post
Hey i posted a new vid. its http://www.vimeo.com/4720724 I would have kept the original sound so you could hear the waterfall but my girlfriend started going on and on about something, and i figured the rest of the world didnt need to hear that. Somthing about fishing with her uncle or something. The original vid is a bit sharper but that happens when ever you resample. its 1080 resampled to wmv and i used a tripod. check out the difference in color between the newer vids and the helicopter taking off in my previous vids the heli was taken with firm 2003 while the riverboat was 2503 and the new one was 2703
Very nice. But in full screen mode, I see some pixelation in the dark areas and moving water (especially the top portion of the waterfall). Is this a result of re-encoding the edited video to wmv?

Anyway, I missed Quincy, IL. I've been there a few times between the mid-80s and the early 90s (World Free Fall Convention).
camjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 1:57 PM   #324

i got an email from Aiptek they said this

We at Aiptek USA Does not have 2703.
Our Current firmware is 2503.
As is with any update of firmware on any camera and most devices including
computers, any failed attempt to update firmware may result in inoperability
of the camera.

I believe I did send you 2503 firmware but if I did not please let me know.
In the zip would be included instructions on how to update the camera.

...so basically they say install at my own risk
skillsthebarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 2:49 PM   #325

WOW. there is not FW 2703. Lol or is there, do not be suprized if they contact me to edit the message.
2503 is the ideal one.
Old May 20, 2009, 3:27 PM   #326

so you think i should install the 2503?
Old May 20, 2009, 4:33 PM   #327

What I do to cover all angles:
Ask support of Aiptek.com, what is the best fw and to load. if they say FW 2503, then that be the one.
When you request the fw you must request the default in the cam, by giving them a serial number, that should be good enough, for the company to pull off their records., if not then you'll have to go through a few more emails.
If this FW is not to your liking you are stuck with what the company wants you to have.
They will not release any other FW out, FW2602,2703 is beta-test, and other. reason why they said VOID warranty if used.
You are not obligated to use Aipteks FW, and no one will stop you loading in FW2703, but you'll encounter issues, that may or may not go away. even when trying to flash back.

The reason you ask, for new and orginal fw. if the company gives you the Fw tells you the FW is correct, you have all the rights to have the cam repaired, or replaced by thecompany, if you go outside the box, you void all warranties. thank you.

Old May 21, 2009, 8:06 AM   #328

i upgraded to the 2503 and everything is fine...thanks for the help
Old May 21, 2009, 5:35 PM   #329

a great choice , enjoy
Old May 21, 2009, 6:36 PM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by camjock View Post
Very nice. But in full screen mode, I see some pixelation in the dark areas and moving water (especially the top portion of the waterfall). Is this a result of re-encoding the edited video to wmv?

Anyway, I missed Quincy, IL. I've been there a few times between the mid-80s and the early 90s (World Free Fall Convention).
Most of the noise is recoding, but the original has some on the moving water
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote