Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 21, 2009, 11:11 PM   #331

Default Newbie Here

Hey folks, newbie here. I've read through the thread and watched most of the links. Received my camera this week with FW2302. I will be registering & requesting a better FW for increased low-light performance.

Posted my very first video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL0lW...e=channel_page

This is a straight upload.

I will be posting others as I get more comfortable with the camera....

I'm also interested in hearing from others who have burned DVD's and how those have turned out. Also, when I hook the camera directly up to my TV the TV lists the signal as 480 and the picture looks horrible. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
HD Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 1:52 AM   #332

ive made a few dvds i found that the 720 at 60 frames looks the best for dvd its smoother. the 1080 looks a little sharper when downsampled but the flicker is really distracting. i dont have a hi def tv so i dont know about that connection issue.
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 3:29 AM   #333

Yes.
you sound like you're not taking the time out to learn the cam, but excited to see all the features, and overlooke a number of things, all is good. We're here to help.

1.tv playback uses two sets of cables. the red green blue, andwhite red exclude the yellow. You must have both in to getHD or upconverted signal.

2. you said you just got the cam and want the Fw upgrade, first give the old one a try. timewilltell, but hey no onestops yee from jumping into the frying pan.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 3:35 AM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Newbie View Post
It looks pretty smooth. Was it @ 720p-60fps? Handheld or tripod/monopod?

Quote:

Nothing like uploading original (not re-encoded) files. I only wish there's some kind of a simple, user-friendly lossless editor out there for these (.MOV) Aiptek files.

Last edited by camjock; May 22, 2009 at 3:40 AM.
camjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 3:39 AM   #335

Quote:
Hey folks, newbie here. I've read through the thread and watched most of the links. Received my camera this week with FW2302. I will be registering & requesting a better FW for increased low-light performance.

I'm also interested in hearing from others who have burned DVD's and how those have turned out. Also, when I hook the camera directly up to my TV the TV lists the signal as 480 and the picture looks horrible. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
happy one follows the guidelines , and see how fast they respond.
read the E-online manual, and cdr manaul, thebook is realy to short and less info. why there is a ton of info here, andnot at the site LOL.
Old May 22, 2009, 2:54 PM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Yes.
you sound like you're not taking the time out to learn the cam, but excited to see all the features, and overlooke a number of things, all is good. We're here to help.
I have read every post in this thread, watched every video you've posted on you tube / vimeo, and read the manual cover to cover.

Quote:
1.tv playback uses two sets of cables. the red green blue, andwhite red exclude the yellow. You must have both in to getHD or upconverted signal.
Yes, I used the component cables for the video & the red & white for audio.

Quote:
2. you said you just got the cam and want the Fw upgrade, first give the old one a try. timewilltell, but hey no onestops yee from jumping into the frying pan.
One only needs to take one video in a normally lit room to see that the camera is inadequate in this regard. But, I knew that before I ordered it. That's the most important upgrade I'm interested in and everything I've read & seen so far confirms that the later firmware versions address this problem well.

Fishy, you basically sold me this camera because of your thorough reviews / videos and for that I'm grateful.

Last edited by HD Newbie; May 22, 2009 at 2:58 PM.
Old May 22, 2009, 3:51 PM   #337

thanks for the answering of the post.

I hear ya, and appologise if I sound offline. Wonder what can be wrong. the quality will look fine, I viewed on a HDTV plasma, and LCD, should go into a store and view on a LED tv.
The FW will correct a number of issues, but one 9single0 it will not, and that is why anm curious, why the company holds info back on a simple upgrade. 2503 is the ideal fix.
Well now it seems i shouldstart placing a paypal donation up
Old May 22, 2009, 6:06 PM   #338

Quote:

Thanks!
I seem to remember reading about someone else having that same prob with the component output, but i cant remember where i read about it. Im looking to find the blog. but he fixed it and it was something to do with his tv settings. ill keep looking to find the info
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 6:09 PM   #339

not much to fix in the cam. you go to:
menu or mode, where settings is at. locate tv playback, set to NTSC, flicker set to 60HTZ
and that is it, plug in HD cablefirst, then tv cable second, and choose tv out or av out and seeif it helps, if not default cam see if it helps.
Old May 23, 2009, 1:03 AM   #340

A clip from today. Shot in 720-60fps. Hand-held, stablization on. Well lit area with flourescent lights. Night shot off, EV set at zero (not that it matters).

The first half of the clip is untouched. The second half is the same clip, this time corrected with my video software.

This was rendered to flash video format and the file size before upload was only 7.45MB!!

Software is Pinnacle Studio. I just got it today so I haven't really scratched the surface with it yet.

Picked up a new tripod too... will be taking some shots this weekend. I'm into RC planes so I'll probably be getting some shots of my buddies' planes at the flying field......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX-w91WdsWc