Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 23, 2009, 6:51 AM   #341

As i clicke play, my first impression, out of focus. As I sen some letttering , not clear.

This must have been Youtube, and the FLV/SWF file.

Otherwise the background and lighting played a toll on it. So like you said a test clip.

I am looking into the Rc planes,, something I can simply fly, at a open field, but n ot many by me. and rather get into it deeply i am looking at the Yellow bee,, something says it is just a toy.

And also more serious of the easy Star

any recommendations on a starter, long fly time with more then a throtle control?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2009, 9:22 AM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
As i clicke play, my first impression, out of focus. As I sen some letttering , not clear.

This must have been Youtube, and the FLV/SWF file.

Otherwise the background and lighting played a toll on it. So like you said a test clip.

I am looking into the Rc planes,, something I can simply fly, at a open field, but n ot many by me. and rather get into it deeply i am looking at the Yellow bee,, something says it is just a toy.

And also more serious of the easy Star

any recommendations on a starter, long fly time with more then a throtle control?
Fishy, your best bet is the Hobbyzone Supercub. It is an RTF "Ready to Fly" and comes with everything you need. Local hobbyshops stock replacement parts and it is made by a reputable company.

The disadvantage of the RTF is that you cannot use the transmitter for any other planes.

Many people in this hobby do arial photography & video with their planes. One guy in my club even fly's one of his planes with video goggles!

Here is my pride & joy:

http://www.vimeo.com/3907336
HD Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2009, 9:34 AM   #343

Did I see a machine gun on that that said get fishy

WOW! that is a awesome machine there.

I hear ya. I am in with the rc trucks have a dc charger off hand thecharger wilwork al around.
I hear that front propellers will break easier. I do love the design andlooked at that particular model or simular.will have to takesome time out to research now.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:11 AM   #344

Well you can start by reading through this thread here.... there's only 19,000 posts!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852122

Last edited by HD Newbie; May 23, 2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old May 23, 2009, 11:58 AM   #345

thank you, now I have a new site to view LOL, Think I am a member there. yep am a member there LOL

well when I have time since it's a American holiday here
Old May 23, 2009, 2:47 PM   #346

Please review these samples I shot today. These are shot on a tripod, one in 720-60fps & one in 1080-30fps.

Take a close look at the sidewalk & lighter-colored block walls in the background. I see some "flickering"

These are straight uploads.

720 Sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByFmkZ3UFc

1080 Sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1WXFr4h18
Old May 23, 2009, 5:18 PM   #347

HD newbie, are you a vimeo.com member? Youtube makes it very grid like, wonder if it is the uplaod and site? I am sure the flicker lines you areseeing if on your pc or mac, is Quicktime player. most complain QT player is basic, andthey use Arcsoft total media player, maybe its the interlacing?

you can also upload a test sample to megaupload, or any uploading sirte that is direct.

Love the naighborhood, not a car around LOL loads of fun.

red is red, helmet burgandy, great job.
Old May 23, 2009, 6:49 PM   #348

Yes, cul-de-sacs are the best for kids!

I do have an account on Vimeo. I can try to upload there. Shot a few others that I'm rendering with my new software... we'll see how it turns out.

Also, I noticed that I can manually change the file extension from .mov to .mpeg and then play the files on other players. They seem to run smoother too.

My video card is poor so playback of raw of files on my PC may not be accurate representations of how they really are. I just bought a 1.5TB external hard drive now I guess I need to invest in a better video card
Old May 23, 2009, 7:48 PM   #349

i am working on a slow one myself, and I am happy I can do most things lol but todays new cams they 're forcing us to upgrade
Old May 23, 2009, 10:12 PM   #350

I got a new vid on youtube, its the holiday weekend in hannibal. this little towns downtown is a ghost town most of the year but a few times a season they break out the people. One note to my self and any other who cares. the image stabilizer works good when your standing still but when you walk it goes all blair witch on ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9nPx7RRIXU

I recently downgraded to firmware 2503. the 2703 is really great at 1080 but i noticed a slight focus problem on the 720 at 60 frames so i went back to 2503 plus the color is a tad more saturated on 2503 so thats where ill stay.
Oh and check out the alpaca in this vid. those are wierd looking little animals

Last edited by chrisolicious; May 23, 2009 at 10:19 PM.
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote