Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 30, 2009, 10:45 AM   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildan View Post
AIPTEK ActionHD GVS FW 2703

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhHVZzztipU
Welcome Aboard Zelan.....
The video was very a perfect shot, and this iswhat came wit hthe cam, or have you upgraded? The blouse, or shirt I have seen before, and had to just copy, it is off color big time if asked me, but maybe b/c it was so fast in/out thelens here is a snap shot off the video. Youtube I understand loads SD quality fast, and places HD quality when in time, rather like Vimeo making us wait longer periods. a great feature they have. so youtube made the vid look average , till Hd is up. a great job.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 1:29 PM   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildan View Post
AIPTEK ActionHD GVS FW 2703

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhHVZzztipU
Nice video indeed. Romania huh?

About the vid quality and maybe Fishy Com. can help me out with this:
Isn't there just way too much red in this? I'm not sure why but the reds just look a little exaggerated to me.

Have you done any postprocessing on this video or is this simply an upload "straight" off the camera? What firmware are you using?
Crihz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 1:47 PM   #393

Crihz... Couldnot agree more, before it was processed by Youtube it looke fine.

As I believe I shown the GVS and 2703 it worked fine , but the issues, if they were severe or monor

I grabbed a picture frame. and shown what I think is normal the Umbrella, but the cushions are off color. When I went in a photo program, thought I just adjust I added midtones a few percent andfixed it. I even grabbed a off red, and that shows me Aiptek coulddo the same use a correct red, and key the correct colors. They are not cannon. Or Kodak, ore even panavision. LOL.

there is a test pic in thecam believe it or not. and I am sure when the tweak, it tweaks off that. Even a sound clip

Mid tones.

Old May 30, 2009, 2:28 PM   #394

The cam came with fw 2302 and I upgraded it to fw2703 (thanks to fishycomics instructions).
I used mkvmerge GUI to join the video segments and save them as MKV, and tsMuxerGUI to convert the MKV in to TS.

It was fillmed in Craiova, Romania.

Last edited by zildan; May 30, 2009 at 4:01 PM.
zildan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 2:57 PM   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Crihz... Couldnot agree more, before it was processed by Youtube it looke fine.

As I believe I shown the GVS and 2703 it worked fine , but the issues, if they were severe or monor

I grabbed a picture frame. and shown what I think is normal the Umbrella, but the cushions are off color. When I went in a photo program, thought I just adjust I added midtones a few percent andfixed it. I even grabbed a off red, and that shows me Aiptek coulddo the same use a correct red, and key the correct colors. They are not cannon. Or Kodak, ore even panavision. LOL.

there is a test pic in thecam believe it or not. and I am sure when the tweak, it tweaks off that. Even a sound clip

Mid tones.

I think the red on the cushions are just more fluorescent than on the umbrellas. Not all reds are the same or any color for that matter. They are both red alright; but they reflect light differently. I don't think it's the GVS' fault. Just look at all the umbrellas and cushions - they are all consistent in the frame.

Last edited by camjock; May 30, 2009 at 3:00 PM.
camjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 3:01 PM   #396

I hear ya. the place I was in did the same but not as pronounced as the clip.
agree that light reflected, so in order to get a better scope at this was to snap a vid frame, while recording, and as well in live feed, and a pic. then you'll se that the video is a better quality or not.

Added note:
this is of a rusty colored shirt in the sun,
pic vid pic, dual vid pic, and single frame ofa video

Last edited by fishycomics; May 30, 2009 at 3:09 PM.
Old May 30, 2009, 5:43 PM   #397

The enhanced pic does look more acceptable in the reds section there.
Are you sure the reds were introduced after uploading to youtube?
That means it's a simple re-encoding issue that has got nothing to do with the GVS (luckily). On the other hand it could be an easy fix through a firmware update.

This might have to do with the home base where this camera and firmware were developed at. I used to work for Philips (Better known in the US as Magnavox and Norelco). At the time we were designing and developing chips for television sets.
One day the designers phoned me to come and have a look at "something reaaaaally exciting". I went into the demo workshop and that's where they showed me their new settings for a TV that would be sold in China and Japan. All colours were sort of over saturated. The designers were as happy as they could be but I really didn't see what all the fuzz was about.

Now that I look at the images produced by this camera it reminds of that moment..although I doubt this situation is comparable, plausible but improbable.
Old May 30, 2009, 7:23 PM   #398

Some where in the post I said. saturation. and what t was for.

Color space correction (master effect): This option combats colors that are too strong and cannot be properly displayed on your TV. The color saturation of the photos in question are "turned down" to the maximum level at which they can be properly displayed.

not the one I was lookingfor but will do.
Old May 31, 2009, 7:08 AM   #399

Sorry, have been unable to find that post.
But still, it's a small problem that I'm sure can be fixed by Aiptek with some simple calibrating (they could even use the above pic to do it). It would be a waste of time to have to do this in post-production all the time.
My old Panasonic shoulder cam (VHS-C) that I had 15 years ago had the same problem.
Old May 31, 2009, 7:58 AM   #400

Saturated colors on the cam, may be out of wack, but if played back on the HDTV it may be just fine, this I believe is the EL CHEAPO way of saying this cam is HD quality, Beefing up the color to explode on your tube.

interpolated.