Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 3, 2009, 8:57 PM   #411

Thanks, Crihz. It's a Kenko WA adapter/attachment. Never had vignetting problems even with the extra macro wide angle trick in the older firmware 2302.

It is a Panavise mount.
camjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:20 AM   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolicious View Post
I put up a link to 2503 thats the one i got directly from aiptek. earlier this week i emailed the guy i talked to on the phone to see if they had come out officially with a newer one and he said no.
I got a great deal on ebay on two batteries and a car/wall charger. they come direct from china but it was less than 14 dollars. If you dont mind the wait, i say dont pay somebody local who marks items up, just order direct. it takes about 10 days but you get a heck of a deal
I actually ran across the same deal and ordered as well Those batteries are 1400 mah as well, supposedly, so assuming they're not fudging the numbers that's more capacity than the stock batteries.

Thanks for posting up a link to the 2503 firmware. I finally got a response back from Aiptek support and he told me 2302 was still the latest firmware I don't get why this company is so secretive with firmware updates as it will only encourage people to try to seek out the updates from unofficial sources and lead to more problems.

Is the increased bitrate of 2503 still ok with a class 4 card or do you need to move up to class 6 after upgrading?

Last edited by athakur999; Jun 4, 2009 at 9:14 AM.
athakur999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:43 PM   #413

huh, there is no otherfirmware out there do notr know what you're talking about, we at the forum discuss......

if you're loading Fw and not ment for cam, but says it isfor theZ700 youll run into issues, and they cause problems. I have had just that , and fixed them, with just some simple steps.

Since AIPTEK doesnot respond or keeps hush hush here, the latest is 2703. yes guys its the latest. but unsure if for the cam

if you want a issued firmware sure we can post it, but not from me.

class 2 will do just fine with the fw2503. my 2 cents.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2009, 5:53 PM   #414

Hopefully the Toshiba camileo p30 will come to the U.S. Shores, its the same cam. Aiptek is kind of silly.Aiptek is kind of like buying a used car from a guy in a polyester leisure suite whos chewing on a toothpick. You just cant help feeling like your gonna get screwed somehow. At least with toshiba youll be screwed by one of the big companies that puts their product updates on their website. After all would anyone post links to firmware here if aiptek had the link on their website?

Last edited by chrisolicious; Jun 4, 2009 at 5:56 PM.
chrisolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2009, 1:33 AM   #415

Some video taken by Z700

Outdoor :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JJmz...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jvet...e=channel_page

Indoor :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOo7r...e=channel_page

Thanks for watching
thomasamoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2009, 7:15 PM   #416

Default FW on brand new cam

Hi there!

First of all a huge THANK YOU to fishycomics for the fantastic work you did in this forum. You supplied us with sooo much info of greatest value and I cannot say, how much that helped me when considering to buy this camera. I am from Berlin, Germany and just received my Z700 which I ordered a week ago. Upon ordering it, I requested to have it programmed with the latest FW.
Yesterday it arrived, I checked the FW and it is 2703. So I suggest this in fact is the latest official FW supplied by Aiptek.
Fishycomics: Is this in your opinion the best FW so far, or do you personally think 2503 is better? Of particular interest to me is the quality of indoor and/or low light shots, as I read in the forum, that the early FWs caused a rather bad quality. If I remember correctly this issue improved significantly with the later FWs, right?

Kind regards
Sophie
Sophia.Scholl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2009, 8:52 PM   #417

correct, the latest firmware is 2703 for the Z700, and 2503 for the GVS by aipteks regions.

I am happy with 2503, with my USA ver/ I have no issues but the premature low batt icon.

thedifference of 25 and 27 would not be much, what they are will be our guess
as Aiptek is secretive on this.
Thank you commission please
Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:03 AM   #418

could someone confirm this camera has av-in? I constantly get contradicting information about it. My old mini-dv gave up on me and now I am looking for an inexpensive camcorder with av-in for bullet cam use on motorcycles etc.
Eilig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:05 AM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilig View Post
could someone confirm this camera has av-in? I constantly get contradicting information about it. My old mini-dv gave up on me and now I am looking for an inexpensive camcorder with av-in for bullet cam use on motorcycles etc.
the GVS statedat Aiptek.com, and in my hand
does not do av input.

Stated by Aiptek, it is not a PMP, while it is a PMP
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:19 AM   #420

Latest production can be found here:

http://www.vimeo.com/5054489

Most is outdoors on a sunny day. Some low-light late evening shots which I think turned out well. Stills are taken with an Olympus 550WP point & shoot. The "WP" means it's waterproof .
HD Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote