Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:37 AM   #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Newbie View Post
Latest production can be found here:

http://www.vimeo.com/5054489

Most is outdoors on a sunny day. Some low-light late evening shots which I think turned out well. Stills are taken with an Olympus 550WP point & shoot. The "WP" means it's waterproof .
vi is out of service
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:04 PM   #422

I just received a new GVS from Amazon.com and some changes have been made. It was shipped out of Phoenix Arizona, and I live in California.

http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-Action-...502394&s=photo

It has a black body with a silver lcd back like the picture on Amazon, but the flash on the front is horizontal like the new all black model which is not yet available on Amazon. The firmware, factory installed out of the box is 2602, lib:s dk3.2-0113, date: Mar 17 2009

Anyone had problems with this firmware and recommend another? I have them all saved on my computer. Thanks.
pluggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 3:30 AM   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluggy View Post
I just received a new GVS from Amazon.com and some changes have been made. It was shipped out of Phoenix Arizona, and I live in California.

http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-Action-...502394&s=photo

It has a black body with a silver lcd back like the picture on Amazon, but the flash on the front is horizontal like the new all black model which is not yet available on Amazon. The firmware, factory installed out of the box is 2602, lib:s dk3.2-0113, date: Mar 17 2009

Anyone had problems with this firmware and recommend another? I have them all saved on my computer. Thanks.
doe the GVS Model show with the rca cables plugged ino the port ear, av out and AV in.

2602 gues its the latest, and I stuck with 2503, one of the ver 2603, 2703 forced issues of lowspeed error, forcing you to purchase a highspeed card, while thiscamworks on all speeds
Old Jun 9, 2009, 3:10 PM   #424

Not entirely Fishy,

I'm using 2703 and don't have low speed errors using a class 2 Sandisk 8GB card.
Crihz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:10 PM   #425

when I added 2703, and 2602 that is what igot so wish those best of luck in the fw
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:15 PM   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
doe the GVS Model show with the rca cables plugged ino the port ear, av out and AV in.

2602 gues its the latest, and I stuck with 2503, one of the ver 2603, 2703 forced issues of lowspeed error, forcing you to purchase a highspeed card, while thiscamworks on all speeds
Hi Fishy, thanks for all your work. Helped me pick this camera.

On the rear of the handle, after nearly having to open the lid with a crowbar, there are three ports. Top is one marked AV/Earphone and I haven't tested it to see if it will record but there doesn't seem to be any control which turns off the lense to allow external recording (in the mode area there is no record feature). The other two are the USB port and the HD out port.

One other difference I just thought of is there was no tripod in the box (and it a sealed plastic container) so I guess they have cut that out now.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:23 PM   #427

@pluggy: Fishy wants to know if you get a pop-up menu from the camera when plugging in headphones or an AV cable (in the headphone port).
That's what my camera does: When I plug in a cable it asks me to select:
Earphone
AV out
AV in

Does your camera do that as well? My camera doesn't have any recording option for the external input either but when I plug the cable in I get that pop-up menu. When I select AV in I'm able to record video and audio (depending on the cam settings this will be either PAL or NTSC DVD-format) from an external source. The only settings that I'm able to configure when in AVin mode is turning off the OSD information and volume control. Other than that it's just start/stop recording using the recording button. When the camera fails to get an input source for some time it stops recording and in the end shuts itself off. I have posted a sample video that I recorded in the thread that I opened about this function.
p.s. Mine also came without the tripod but the cam is all black though....

Last edited by Crihz; Jun 9, 2009 at 4:29 PM.
Crihz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:28 PM   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crihz View Post
@pluggy: Fishy wants to know if you get a pop-up menu from the camera when plugging in headphones or an AV cable (in the headphone port).
That's what my camera does: When I plug in a cable it asks me to select:
Earphone
AV out
AV in

Does your camera do that as well?
Ahh. I just plugged in the RCA adapter that came with camera and all that showed up was "Earphone and AV OUT." No AV IN. Is there a firmware edition that gives a choice of AV IN?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:37 PM   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluggy View Post
Ahh. I just plugged in the RCA adapter that came with camera and all that showed up was "Earphone and AV OUT." No AV IN. Is there a firmware edition that gives a choice of AV IN?
I saw the other thread. I guess the better question is where did you get the firmware update that you are using, Crihz? Is it specific to your model camera, or can it be used on the US version camera to open up AV in? I might be willing to chance it.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:46 PM   #430

Sounds like the models are different, but keep to the same, the GVS was supposed to be updated up to 12 megapixals, with a 3, 5, and 8 meg still, Interpolated.

Firmware Does not correct, or adds Av input.

FW can be achieved, and best t o be happy and not worry.