Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:21 PM   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Sounds like the models are different, but keep to the same, the GVS was supposed to be updated up to 12 megapixals, with a 3, 5, and 8 meg still, Interpolated.

Firmware Does not correct, or adds Av input.

FW can be achieved, and best t o be happy and not worry.
Words to live by! I'm happy and have no need for AV In, but I am one of those people who always wants all the bells and whistles even if I don't use them. :P I will be recording the premiere of the new Fantasmic show at Disneyland on Thursday night with this camera so I will post a video from it when I get back.
pluggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:22 PM   #432

Well,

I didn't get it from Aiptek but from forum member who posted a link to it. I don't recall in which thread I saw it but I'm willing to share if needed.
I'm not 100% sure the hardware revisions are identical for my cam and yours. I've taken a closer look at the firmware for these cameras and have noticed this firmware can be used on multiple camera-models. Even with different sensors.

Even if the hardware revisions of our cams are identical then it is still possible for the BIOS to be different. I doubt firmware also includes a BIOS flash as the camera after the firmware upgrade returns to the exact same settings you left it with before the firmware upgrade. This to me indicates the BIOS and it's settings are unaffected by a firmware flash. Thus making it possible for hardware settings to be stored there. Then again...maybe the test-mode makes it possible to switch these settings on/off.

Last edited by Crihz; Jun 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM.
Crihz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:44 PM   #433

Enjoy the moments at WDW .

As for the settings deep in the cam no comment.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:37 AM   #434

I have a question that might sound silly to most of you... But I am new in the digital video world and therefore have a problem that I didnīt know so far.
In the past I filmed on a Digital 8 tape, that means that when I replay the filmed scenes they appear as one single film. With the Aiptek (and every other digicam as well I guess), every single filmed scene produces a single file. That means I cannot view the single scenes/takes/files as ONE continuous Video film, right? Does that mean I always HAVE to edit the single files together in order to get ONE continous film?
And if so, can anybody suggest a good (but fairly cheap) editing program, where you can see frame by frame?
Is there such a program on the software CD that came along with the Z700?

Thanks for your kind replies..

Kind regards
Sophie
Sophia.Scholl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:44 PM   #435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia.Scholl View Post
I have a question that might sound silly to most of you... But I am new in the digital video world and therefore have a problem that I didnīt know so far.
In the past I filmed on a Digital 8 tape, that means that when I replay the filmed scenes they appear as one single film. With the Aiptek (and every other digicam as well I guess), every single filmed scene produces a single file. That means I cannot view the single scenes/takes/files as ONE continuous Video film, right? Does that mean I always HAVE to edit the single files together in order to get ONE continous film?
And if so, can anybody suggest a good (but fairly cheap) editing program, where you can see frame by frame?

Kind regards
Sophie
Welcome aboard Sophie,

Welcome aboard Sophie.

SD camcorders secure disks, will produce a file everytime you hit rec/stop, thecam does not have a pause button, creating a file.

You will need a program yes. Aiptek supplies a disk that came wit hthe cam can you tell us what that was. i am sure they did or did not add it,
the program is called Arcsoft total media extreme
Most people here just overlook, the best program given enjoy.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:16 PM   #436

Ah...the wonderful world of non-linear editing.

The Arcsoft Total Video Extreme that's bundled with the GVS (I'm not sure what came with the Z700) is simple but intuitive. It has basic editing tools and effects (trim/multi trim, transitions, etc.). That's all you really need. Even feature films and episodic TV shows don't use transition effects that much; mostly hard cuts in between scenes.

Quote:

Kind regards
Sophie
camjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:27 PM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by camjock View Post
Ah...the wonderful world of non-linear editing.

The Arcsoft Total Video Extreme that's bundled with the GVS (I'm not sure what came with the Z700) is simple but intuitive. It has basic editing tools and effects (trim/multi trim, transitions, etc.). That's all you really need. Even feature films and episodic TV shows don't use transition effects that much; mostly hard cuts in between scenes.
Why Most, never know what they get with the cam and ask the obvoius. editing. PMP how to. and codecs
Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:51 PM   #438

Thanks Fishy,

Yes, I checked.. Itīs indeed ArcSoft "Total Media Extreme" and "Media Impression", thatīs supplied on the disk.
So Iīll try that out.. If itīs intuitive I will probably get along with it...
I donīt need anything too complicated to begin with..

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sophie
Sophia.Scholl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 4:12 PM   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Why Most, never know what they get with the cam and ask the obvoius. editing. PMP how to. and codecs
Pardon my ignorance, Fishy, but what does "PMP" stand for? You've mentioned this in some of your earlier posts also.
camjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 4:18 PM   #440

Quote:
Thanks Fishy,

Yes, I checked.. Itīs indeed ArcSoft "Total Media Extreme" and "Media Impression", thatīs supplied on the disk.
So Iīll try that out.. If itīs intuitive I will probably get along with it...
I donīt need anything too complicated to begin with..

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sophie
I made a video showing how easy it is to use, it will be hard at first, but once you get the hang of it it does just fine.

if you know how to change a file name, I do, but when somethingtakes over the pc, it becomes harder lol

you can use Windows moviemaker. the files name must be changed from file0001.mov-to anyname.avi, and as long as codecs are loaded should work ((hint))

http://www.vimeo.com/437908 video I found I made

Last edited by fishycomics; Jun 11, 2009 at 4:21 PM.