Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 19, 2009, 6:15 PM   #451

Int Stereo mics

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2009, 9:05 PM   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Z-28 View Post
Hi,

Do mind telling the model number you have? I did a search on Amazon and there are several made by Kenko and I'm not sure what to order. I just returned from the Beach today and having a wide angle lens would have been really nice recording the kids playing. Thanks a lot.

Trey
I'm pretty sure any of them would work. I think the question is how you intend or plan to mount it (modification). I got the KDV series which comes in different sizes (again, depending on how you decide to mount it) because they were readily available online and seem the least expensive. They're not the sharpest but I have to keep accessory costs realistic and commensurate with the Aiptek theme which is "cheap". If I were to mount it on a Canon or a Panasonic, then that's another story.

Last edited by camjock; Jun 20, 2009 at 1:37 AM.
camjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 5:46 AM   #453

Troy, as Camlock. mentions:

We're all about being el cheapo's here, and it sux when a company had a issue and their fix was to set the zoom to 1.4x optical, a lens barrel fix.

the AHD, A-HD+ with a wide angle is by far the BEst angle I ever seen, I wantto go a step wider, but not fish eye.

i found my Wide angle and we all bought one at 15-30.00 I wa s lucky back then.

magnetics ones aregood, but not great, they will fall offwhen a bump hits etc. it is strong, but at a beach oh man four words come in mind, or leters S A N D,
then I say a glad bag, keeps it out. it's funny because I kept mentioning you need to set the cam further back, and I am sure you do not want the cam sitting 40 feet away just to get the body in full in there , am I right
Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:08 AM   #454

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I did have to get a ways back to get all of the children (3 of them) in the video. So I had read here about wide angles lenses and thought it would be worth looking into. Probably a mag mount would do the job for what I want to do so I'll read up more on them. And Fishy you are right about the sand, it's could be a big problem. And the salty air blowing too. On my other cameras, I always try to get some kind of UV or other type of lens to protect the main camera lens so will probably look for something like that for the GVS too.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Trey
69 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:31 AM   #455

at Bestbuy I found on sasle3.00 the UV filter to twist on . that iswhat you see on the main topic;

my last video is of a wide angle again wit the AHD, and plus are pereftct, but for itto be on the GVs it be like the ahd and plus without one LOL you almsot need two wide angles on on top of the other.

thank you for the info of the wide angle.
sometimes moisture will make Wide angle blurry, enjoy.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:09 AM   #456

I really missed the unintentional extra macro wide angle feature of the 2302. I guess, I can't have them all in one firmware. And how hard is it to code the GVS firmware so that the auto-focus lock can be engaged/disengaged while recording? I don't think the record function and the auto-focus lock feature are logically dependent with each other. It kinda makes you wonder the capabilities of the engineers/coders who work for Aiptek.

Hey Aiptek, are you reading this???
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:18 AM   #457

All I see is words, and no video LOL
since you're bringing up some interesiting concepts. how hard is it to engage the int/ ext mic as well.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:40 AM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Z-28 View Post
Probably a mag mount would do the job for what I want to do so I'll read up more on them.
...and a lot of measuring (mm) around the lens ring/opening. A member who PM'd me said that he purchased a Kenko KDV-0628 (28mm) and planned on glueing either a step-up ring or a filter and attach any threaded lens accessory with it. It's an excellent idea. Hopefully, he'll have success with it and be posting the results soon.

As for me, I always want quick and uncomplicated solutions so I can start shooting with it as soon as possible; I taped it up.

Last edited by camjock; Jun 20, 2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:52 AM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
All I see is words, and no video LOL
since you're bringing up some interesiting concepts. how hard is it to engage the int/ ext mic as well.
Let's start a wish list then, Fishy. We know it's gonna fall on deaf ears as it has always been but at least our conscience will be clear, knowing that we attempted to do something about it unlike a company we know of.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:03 AM   #460

I think I have better things to worry bout atthe moment, and that is what I am gonna do over 2 lbs worth of a lethal dose.