Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 27, 2009, 8:29 PM   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
used my Pheonix, lens and I feel I get blurriness due to the Af placement lens so I guess i will work a plan out.
Keep us posted.
opuscroakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2009, 2:18 PM   #522
efs

Default Magnetic mount stickey ring

Today I received a magnetic mount wide angle lense with a set of three stick on rings. The mount was for a large size lense(17-22mm). When I looked into placing the stick on ring onto the lense, the ring did not fit on the outside of the lense(it was the same size as the lense opening). I saw on Amazon under the sunpak 2110 lense, a user had the same issue. He removed the bezel and placed the ring inside it. I looked at Fishys movie on how to take aiptek gvs apart, but he only removed the tube. How do you remove the bezel without damaging the tube? Is there another ring that can be used?
efs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2009, 3:06 PM   #523

I hear exactly what you mean.

Company made a better design they be way advance of the game. some one out there stops them. and why you do not ahve a wider angle lens attachemnt.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2009, 3:07 PM   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by efs View Post
Today I received a magnetic mount wide angle lense with a set of three stick on rings. The mount was for a large size lense(17-22mm). When I looked into placing the stick on ring onto the lense, the ring did not fit on the outside of the lense(it was the same size as the lense opening). I saw on Amazon under the sunpak 2110 lense, a user had the same issue. He removed the bezel and placed the ring inside it. I looked at Fishys movie on how to take aiptek gvs apart, but he only removed the tube. How do you remove the bezel without damaging the tube? Is there another ring that can be used?
Wow, I was going to order one of those. Glad I haven't yet. Does it fit completely inside the bezel and up against the glass?

Just found a video where somebody is using a Raynox QC-505 snap-on lens and it looks promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yl02CklVcA

Last edited by opuscroakus; Jun 29, 2009 at 3:46 PM.
opuscroakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2009, 4:34 PM   #525

Default External lavalier mic(s) not working

Greetings,

Purchased the Aiptek GVS for business use (online videos). Our office has high ceilings, no carpet, etc., no an external mic is a must, and that's specifically why I bought the GVS.

I've tried two different brand-new lavalier mics (small clip-on mics), both seemed to work once and then never again. It seems like the camera has somehow damaged the microphones (is this even possible?) since they only detect EXTREMELY low volumes now. They both worked exactly once, and then never again.

I've tried the mics in a PC input with the same result after using once in the camera (super low volume). I've seen some reviews on amazon about the cam that say the same thing.

Any ideas on what's causing this? I'm going crazy over here trying to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks for any help you can give!
luleese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2009, 5:29 PM   #526

Welcome aboard Luleese.

mark this one down for the record. What was the Brands? I used a GE mic, nothing more they work fine, even a El cheapo pc mic as well.

I like others go on what others recommend.and I am suprized to hear a simple lav mic has been damamged. if we knew the voltage that comes out or ifit needs a higher voltage etc. I do not have the answer, and my first time hearing
I welcome you aboard and hope our members have a response
Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:20 PM   #527
efs

Default magnetic ring fit

Well it one of them almost would slips inside and it would stick to the glass. I could force it, but I thought forcing a ring on with the adhesive side down would not be a good idea. I'll look for a larger steel ring and try to glue it to the outside of the lense. The magnet is large enough to cover the plastic bezel, and it has the magnetic ring. I'll do this if I can't find out how to easily remove the bezel without damage.

I hope that this will still allow me to use the aiptek lense cap.
efs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2009, 9:52 PM   #528

Well after playing with a friends GVS (I had recommended it to him) I finally got my own. Checked it out for stuck pixels and all's good so far. After deviating from Aiptek to the Jazz HDV178 I am back again with Aiptek.

I have firmware 2602. Is the difference between firmware 2703 and 2602 significant before I decide to upgrade?

Also which reasonably inexpensive brand of NP60 battery has the best price vs performance ie actually lives up to the capacity depicted on the battery and actually has a decent long life?

Last edited by rgvcam; Jun 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 4:41 AM   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by efs View Post
Well it one of them almost would slips inside and it would stick to the glass. I could force it, but I thought forcing a ring on with the adhesive side down would not be a good idea. I'll look for a larger steel ring and try to glue it to the outside of the lense. The magnet is large enough to cover the plastic bezel, and it has the magnetic ring. I'll do this if I can't find out how to easily remove the bezel without damage.

I hope that this will still allow me to use the aiptek lense cap.

1 are you goingto remove just the Silver/Chrome peice?

you grab it cam front facing you 90 degree's. fingers around the chrome and pull to you. there are four clips. it slides off

2. if you are goingto remove the Ring of the chrome I am sure that is 3m glued you'll pry with a sharp edged knife.

the diameter is 27mm. and on the main page 27mm Uv filter shown.

you may just get away with a 25mm, but any smaller will not be fit.

I wonder what will happ, if you use a 28mm ring keep us posted
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:25 AM   #530

Default Lavalier Mics

Thanks for the response fishycomics.

The two lavalier mics I've tried (and seemingly broken) are:

Olympus ME-15 Microphone
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

Audio-Technica ATR-35S Lavalier Microphone
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

Both had good reviews, which is why I bought them. It's really strange how they worked once and then never again. I suspect they've been somehow "blown out" (as can happen to speakers if you play the volume too loud).

I've tried a regular mic and it worked fine. I'm beginning to think that this camera is just not compatible with lavalier mics at all (is that possible?).

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

--Luleese
luleese is offline   Reply With Quote