Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:02 AM   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvcam View Post
(...) there is a 2900 firmware? So what tweaks does that bring?
Donno.
I haven't used it in any conditions due to the card problem.
I can e-mail it to anyone interested, though...

Joao
TheShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:09 AM   #552

I asked, andalways get the first crack, now it's my turn to say i am the last so Pm to me please.

AIPTEK. thank you.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:25 PM   #553

Special thank you, to you, you know who you are.
As i see Fw 2900 is out I guess within a week ortwo something was wrong they needed a quick fix. andwhat can that be. a faster zoom, it is, mousedown seeing more flickering then ever. missingfiles to hmm whatever it I cann place my finger to it.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:33 PM   #554

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTM-p_LSoPs

when up. I am just showing some cams I have with a pheonix wide angle lens. JVS san. cas, and aip's

As the sun is in/out. the JVC cas and san are perfect, then the Action HD and yep the GVS last. I could have filmed with the other cams A-HD, Plus mustek, and mpvr

the lighting in that order, the wide angle as well.

So why do we have to suffer wit ha GVS and it's Angle. I do not have a answer, but keep to the 2302 FW for optimum wide, or choose abrand that is acamera.

bigger may not be better just keeping silence seem to be the best answer we have.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 3:05 PM   #555

Hi fishycomics

Beside the wide lenses ,
What I see in this comparison is that the casio
Has the best picture quality (a little bit over saturated maybe)
and 2nd the Sanyo - but it seems the Aipek GVS picture is the worst of them All , in that comparison it show vary dark and dull video.

By the way what is the best wide-angle lens to go with the GVS ?
What maker / model ?

Thanks
vipersvcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2009, 5:06 PM   #556

I am sure it was a fair test. I will have to do it again, the room was the same light. and yep a digital camera is best over a digital camcorder

now I must rethink when i do a video for youtube or vimeo thank you

I only ownwhat I have, and I do not know what others are out ther that will be best. i do not like how a wide angle now fits its latest models.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 2:56 AM   #557

Hi fishycomics
Thanks for your answer

I assumed the lightning in the room was the same
But you can completly see that the sanyo video is the brightest
2nd the casio - and last the Aiptek.

I had the immpresion when I purchased the Aiptek GVS that her video will be better then a digital camera , why would a digital camera have better video then a camcorder ?

More over this makes me think that maybe the auto settings in the GVS does not calculate correctly the room ligtning and by default the EV should be set to +1/+2 or maybe choose the cloudy setting ?

I seen a few video in google about several wide-lenses with the Aiptek GVS
I am no expert and reading the technical specs of the lenses
But I don't wan't the distorsion caused by the Ultra-wide lens
Are there any wide-lenses that just increase the angle so much that the distorion is not there or huminly not possibale to notice ?
What has more angle and distortion a x0.45 0.37 0.5 ?
If I write in ebay "27mm wide" there are so many choices will any one of them just screw to the GVS ?
vipersvcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2009, 6:00 AM   #558

I would love to have screwed one on, I am sure we all would. Aiptek, probably is sitting in a room, like that cable company commercial, Snapple commercial, and talking back and fourth, on the board it says,

What is Allowed, and What is not allowed. the not allowed are
AV input of 1280x720, and wide angle attachments,

They are saying guess we can only and only improve what we have in front of us and cannot improve no more ofwhat we already did 10x over.

There has to be a lock on the wide angle lens, imagine if they did place a threaded, 25mm ring, while today it is 27mm.. They correctly added it
More sales, period.

There is a defect, flaw and a firmware fix for the wide angle, field of depth, The Cam is set to 1.4 optical zoom, they again are sitting down, and saying well lets put a firmware fix to resess the field of depth back, that rick we let slip, even the optical setting we'll adjust back. uh wedo not know how, remember we only move foward here.

My comparison of a few camcorder, and a camera, yes the camera is diferent, it is a CCD, not Cmos, reason why it is a far bettercry over the others.

But the Video is not the Casio is a sweet camera Sanyo senser, casio senser are a perfect major company, the Aiptek is not. Aiptek action Hd showed you its brighter by justa degree,
The EV setting . -oh man back to the room again.

One cam shows it works, the other it did not, and worst yet the action Hd shw the EV icon, whole theGVS its invisable, you have to have a imagination to see it LMAO.

.45x wide angle 27mm magnetic, iswide
.36xwide angle is wider

fish eye hmmmm

Last edited by fishycomics; Jul 4, 2009 at 6:05 AM.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 5:50 AM   #559

Here again is a picture of the External mic port, showing four pin connections t o a soldered circuitry, where does it lead, will be another day opened and tracing.

So again and again is it a mono/mono. mic?

Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:14 AM   #560

FW 2900:
or just my imagination.

When snap shots are used I feel I need to lower a defective EV setting to -2 for a natural picture. i see no icon level of any so i think there are no ev settings on this cam, what do you think. of the million sold already.

samples you say.