Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 12, 2009, 8:11 PM   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
here's some pics, fw 2901

Nice Pics.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2009, 8:41 PM   #582

it will be a test now by snapping and moving
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:36 PM   #583

As I am looking at both FW 2302: the lcd screen at level 4 i see a smoother live feed, crisper, fw 2901 level 4 a two layered look, brighter not crisp.

I scan both at the same time in a low level room. both does the same. ifone zooms in it will adjust in/out 4x on 2302, 5x 2901 and then give up wherever it is focused or not.
What comes to mind this cam DOES NOT HAVE ISO settings, and why we rely on the fw for the best possable setting. EV can be adjusted but EV seems to be workable on one model and a failure to the otehr, and only on the pic at times, not a video. it is workable on video but again only when it feels the need to work.

This is my 2 cents I already own the cam, and satasfied.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 8:13 PM   #584

I wish the LCD screen is a lot brighter. It's really hard to see and make judgment on the exposure level (especially outdoors). In the following video, the scene is backlit (the setting sun just off the top left of frame) not to mention the cam's metering system probably exposed more for the brighter sky which covers the top half of the frame. The degree of backlighting became more pronounced (darker scene) as the sun was setting even lower (towards dusk). Speaking of metering, I wonder how the GVS' metering mode is set at (center-weighted average, spot, multi-zone, etc.) since we don't have the luxury of making that choice ourselves.

A brighter LCD screen (especially outdoors) would have helped me decide to compensate by increasing the EV setting (assuming that it works ). Though I kinda like the backlit (silhouette) effect on this one, it was not my intention to do so.

This is still 2703; I'll be testing 2901 next time out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcO5t...e=channel_page

BTW, nice vids of Jake and company, Fishy.

Last edited by camjock; Jul 13, 2009 at 8:31 PM.
camjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:30 PM   #585

A frame grab from 1440x1080 video mode. Click on photo see full 1440x1080 image. Considering I used to make quite respectable 6x4's with my old 1.3MP Olympus D340R Camera, you can see the usefulness of HD video. 1440x1080 is enough resolution for a decent size wallpaper for your PC as the average 19" flat panel is 1440x900.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:33 AM   #586

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0trQgToT-k
a 2901 Low lwevel night time blog, As I sart out andwill repeat thesame day over I hope to imitate thesame troubles I had.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:08 PM   #587

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvmXZamDah4

comparison test to the above and one more comming.

LCD screen imagine if thecomapny did that placed in a brighter one, imagine thecost. so the answer is they did what they could wit hthe best possable solution. the older Fw shows a brighter screen.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:08 PM   #588

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvmXZamDah4

comparison test to the above and one more comming.

LCD screen imagine if thecomapny did that placed in a brighter one, imagine thecost. so the answer is they did what they could wit hthe best possable solution. the older Fw shows a brighter screen.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 5:02 PM   #589

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFvL2knhDbM
blogged anothershortreview, continued fw 2901 low level ev and photo
shows i need a new windshield LOl but that low level of night video hmmmm. some were opened windows andmost the front .
Old Jul 18, 2009, 7:22 AM   #590

We who own the cam and oldermodels, have used the mouse keys, having it be a:
  • Zoom
  • white balance
  • Flash
  • AF lock
  • video res choices
  • macro/infinity
  • sound
  • previous
  • foward
  • ffw
  • rev
  • okay
  • snapshot
All in a preview, and only one as a live feed, while others in playback.
What I like to see and others I bet are interested, and reading only, would , and never thought of or mentioned so far.
in LIVE FEEDlove to see a EV adjustment, or brightness increment during live video, in record. AF lock live feed during record.
I call these not preset hot keys, but, in preview feed, a setting that allows you to make any of the settings on the mouse live.

let me explain a lil clearer.

When cam turns on your and you are viewing before vid or pic, we have now:
  • macro/infinity
  • flash
  • Af lock,
  • video res choices
They are all set to the mouse, and cannot be changed, but can be set up for recording.

We should be able to go into the cam choose menu, and scroll to a sub title called "HOT KEY" and in hot key you'll see all the choices of whta is in the cam example:
  • infinity/macro
  • white balance
  • ev increment
  • sound
ETC,ETC.......

we choose macro/infinity on the screen you have the option to set to the key, or keys up/down/left/right/button. Wechose up only.

now wesee a object, andstart to record, we get closer to the object, and hit the macro up, cam changes. we grab the shot, and back out switch out of macro, and continue filming.

another example, SOUND

menu hot key sound place to the up/down save. startfilming and some loud truck is approaching, and you see it. incrimentthe joystick downtwo levels,and raise back, when done.

Sound should also be a adjustment in the cam to raise and lower, as well as other keys. not just up by two incriments,
Most the itemsare in this cam why?

I love to see EV increase more then two, I love to see ISO as well.

so there is a lot of info her. that some are interested in, but most just read, on that note I thankyou for my rant, orthoughts out loud just .2 cents here