Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:55 PM   #51

Fishycomics didn't show the AV/data ports so here they are:
bartman888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:10 PM   #52

As I delayed some video demo's myfunds ran dry LOL free funds.

select ear peice or tv out will mean you'll be able to listen through the speaker or a head set that was NEVER included so price of unit cost more. selecting av out will be you plug into the tv and able to view what is on the cam, not the opposite.

your av input is what you're after. they are cutting this out not due to recording just cutting the price down to make.

A-HD 720x480 is the ideal, stereo, if Action HD a slower auto focus still stereo input with 640x480

Ext mic port is the other plug in

Dimitris76 wrote:
Quote:
Fishy,

thank you for the answer!

Unfortunately for me this AV in feature very much is needed and since I am ordering all this stuff from the US and have them sent here in Sweden it's getting too complicated to return the GVS once again in exchange for the Action-HD..:sad:

They say hope dies last -on page 4 of GVS manual here http://www.goaiptek.com/manuals/manual-agvs.pdf

on the 4th step it says When the pop-up message appears on the screen, please select "AV-Out".so, what are our other options here? AV-In maybe??? :idea:
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:17 PM   #53

Amazon.com offered the cam for 235.00 of 249.99 they did make it available, and probably the soon to be releasews the only way they ahd to say outof stock a typo. Walgreenswas 199.99 they also rasied back theirrates, wonder if the new FW model is the next one?

bART........

YES Those are issues when approached via email to support I got the best answer if breaks return cam. duh.

Ifound using a 27mm uv filter works fine it threads in but not the best , nor worst situation here.

about the Mouse select if you notice and you'll get used to the miss organizedways, you can accedently change any one

bartman888 wrote:
Quote:
Even though Amazon says "This item has not yet been released"- I ordered the Aiptek 1080p GVS from Amazon on 1/5, and it was delivered via 2nd day air on 1/12.

My first impressions:
  • Feels flimsy and very breakable - I'm very concerned that it could handle a fall (I want to use it for ski videos) [/*]
  • It rattles when you shake it so I'm concerned the rattle will get picked up by themicrophone- turns out it's the zoom slider that rattles [/*]
  • Terrible placement of the zoom button - how can you hold it and zoom without losing your grip? IMO, the zoom should be located on the front like a trigger (where the flash is). That Sima case might be the solution. [/*]
  • The a/v port door is difficult to remove (personally, i like it) [/*]
  • No lens threads for a filter, wide-angle or telephoto lens [/*]
  • The SD socket isrecessed (and the spring release isstrong) somy fingernail splitmy SD card open upon removal. Minor annoyance, I just rotate my fingernail 45 degrees. [/*]
  • I'm concerned about the placement of the joystick - even though you cannot change settings during a recording sequence, it is possible to accidentally change the settings between takes.[/*]
I'll take some rollerblading videos in the next few days and upload them to Vimeo/Megaupload so you can get a feel for the AF and video performance.

Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:28 PM   #54

Firmware can be upgraded only

sd card andbin file mode joytick down and still gets fw check joytick in the up will flas.

Oldermodels are different

Mode from the MPVr is the same except the HD1 I may be wrong

Dimitris76 wrote:
Quote:
The mode menu is exactly the same like Action-HD's! How do we upgrade/downgrade firmware in these cameras? Can it be done without by the end-user - via the USB port - without openning up the camera case?

Dimitris
Old Jan 13, 2009, 8:39 PM   #55

Fishy,

do you mean that the firmware in these cameras is being upgraded via the SD card? What's the exact procedure? Do you have a steady firmware from Action-HD to give me?

Dimitris
Dimitris76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 4:44 AM   #56

Do you own the cam and have the serial number. asked support, and requested your Firmware?

Are you asking for firmware in the correct forums thread of the GVS Model or other Firmware that is OFFTOPIC, theAction HD .

The GVSi responded already andwill answer for theGVS here only, you go to Mode, holddown thejoy for check up for flash, and shutter. Your Firmware is not on a disk of the product but at the hands of the Aiptek.com aiptek.com.de aiptek.com.tw etc... teams

Dimitris76 wrote:
Quote:
Fishy,

do you mean that the firmware in these cameras is being upgraded via the SD card? What's the exact procedure? Do you have a steady firmware from Action-HD to give me?

Dimitris
Old Jan 14, 2009, 6:35 AM   #57

Fishy,

it's a long shot - I know - but I was wondering if Action-HD's firmware which supports AV-In could be loaded in the GVS...

I guess I'll have to contact Aiptek tech support anyways.

Dimitris
Dimitris76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 2:18 PM   #58

why would you attempt such a thing?

as We already proven wrong fw will not accept to the cam due to someone mistakes
Old Jan 14, 2009, 3:56 PM   #59

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dSnXJFiBRM

Zoom test scenes
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:59 AM   #60

Does anyone know what codec is a good one to use for this? I have ffdshow installed and ran a 720p 60fps clip from page 1 of the post thru this and got this from Gspot:
mp4a mpeg4 AAC-LC 6342Kbps avc1 H.264. 59.923fps

It is using the ambarella splitter and then feeding the split into ffdshow where it is doing the above.

I just wanted to know if this is the smoothest way to play this back or is there a better codec?
gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote