Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 4, 2009, 4:12 AM   #641

Hello its me again ,

I can confirm that for indoor video futage its better to use the 30FPS mods as these have clearly better in door room sensetivity ,
You can clealry see that on the camera screen ,

I see that there is FW v 2903 already but no change log ,
I am corrently happy with my camera and FW 2603 ,
But want to know what was fixed/improved added .
Especialy if somthing was done in regards to lightning or color reproductions .......
vipersvcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:44 AM   #642

hello fishycomics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
You explaied it perfect. possable more info is needed for me.

1 when you do a record and you zoom, does the click sound, heard in the video?
the camera was never on. the battery is still in the box and needs to be charged first.argghh! i wish my english would be better.

it makes this click click sound when everything is off. screen closed, camera off. AND if i do press this zoom button like i would zoom in, it makes click at a certain point like there is something stopping the button from going all the way up until the end stop.

when i do the same for outzoom, it doesnīt make no click no nothing. it just slides smothly all the way down until end-stop.

hope my explanation now was better!?

regards,
unclepaulie.
unclepaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 2:01 PM   #643

perfection

sounds like a boken slider

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:37 PM   #644

Quote:
perfection

sounds like a boken slider

argggh! this camcorder is not really working the way i expected!
now and since the battery is loaded i tried to slide the zoombutton back and forth in working mode (battery in the camcorder and power turned on- and now the click is away! but it does not zoom as smooth as a real camcorder. way to abrupt. thought that 5 times optical means gently zooming in - but ahhhahhh!

thankīs fishycomics for your work and that picture! i really apreciate it! i will give my camcorder tomorrow a real try and if it does not work better, iīll send her back!

one last question: everybody is talking about firmware - where or how can i check what my firmeware is? iīm really curious, because it should be the newest since itīs August 2009.

thankīs again.

regards,
unclepaulie.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 4:25 PM   #645

1. you gotts a defective unit becauseyou said Slider doesnot function correctly.

Understood.

2 optical zoom: ONE SPEED. ifyou slide up a tab, or full, ZOOM IN will go ONE SPEED, major cams have variablespped, the less pressed, slow, more faster. Aiptek Mustek company claimes they have streamline zoom meaning steady zooming. Aiptek neverused that word ((LOL))

So Yes it is a bad thing that we have ONE SPEED. no one complains about it. again wtch a professional Movie. either they are in ZOOM, or not, never while zooming. same with transitions. very simple.

3 checking FW
picphonics at its best

A) be in this screen to get started

B) Hold down, not in the MOUSE count one onethousand, two one thousand, three one thousand,and four one thousand, and five one thousand ( two extra for the hell of it)

C) now press that still shutter fully in, never letting go that MOUSE. if it does not work and you go back to the live feed you did not hold down the mouse long enough or let go one of the buttons.

D) to get out of the FIRMWARE. hit the button where m thumb is, or shut cam down. it is that simple
Old Aug 5, 2009, 5:25 AM   #646

perfect, sir!
it did work fine but iīm not so sure, if my software is up to datre (look at the picture)!?????

now iīm going to install the software paket and trying to figure out how if my 30 second -on board-memory-recorded video will be accepted by my windows movie maker.

Picture:

thankīs again for your good work and all those pictures to make it easier for a foreigner to understand.

vielen dank!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 1:31 PM   #647

fw 2901 for the North American is the latest. Overseas one stated 2903. 2900 was the latest.

Windows Moviemaker wil not allow unless you change .mov to .avi

you have to go into the tabs on top in myfolders if your .ext files are not shown
Old Aug 5, 2009, 4:39 PM   #648

Quote:
Windows Moviemaker wil not allow unless you change .mov to .avi
well, i tried to turn MOV to AVI with Pazera Free, but the Audio then is out of sync.

am i the only one with this problem, or why canīt i find nothing about how to change this MOV to a good format to do cuttings, adding sounds, writing, titels etc. and upload it to youtube? i mean, nobody does record a 20 minute video to upload 20 minutes. so it needs to be cut, and this MOV format is just not the best one.
PLUS after i did the MOV to AVI-thing, the audio ended up OUT OF sync.

maybe my old pc is to slow.

i have a 2006 754 MSI Mainboard with a 2,0Ghz CPU and 512MB DDR Ram.

on: http://www.aiptek-download.de/downlo..._manual_de.pdf they show you this:

and this lookīs like my computer is way to slow + the videoformat does suck and i donīt know what to do.

do you think, that i can return the camera even if i already loaded the Battery like the manual said (8 Hours)? i mean, i will clean her with a soft towel and remove the battery from the camera and put her back in her tiny plastic bag.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 7:00 PM   #649

Have you tried Super from http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html?

It's freeware and converts to many formats. Give this a try.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 3:19 AM   #650

Super-C will have spyware on there it is a converter that will do its job, there are so many convoerters out there, and as onealready owns a great software called total media extreme at their hands have you tried that.