Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:33 AM   #61

I've also notice this taxes my system. I have an older laptop 1.8Ghz coreduo, and it uses up 1 CPU almost 100%. My chipset is bad and I get no hardware accel, so on CPU, this thing is hard on my work system. I have quad at home, no issues on that bad boy.
gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:13 PM   #62

Ok guys I just got in my hands the GVS and it's lightyears ahead of any other Aiptek camera I have ever laid my hands on.

Keep in mind that I had until recently - and returned - the Action HD. The build quality in comparison with it isnight and day. Action HD felt and looks like a cheap silver painted plastic toy - GVS like a brand name piece of electronic equipment.

I didn't try the performance yet butGVS definetly looks like a keeper.

Dimitris
Dimitris76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:24 PM   #63

Congrad's dimitris

the GVS taking a look over the A-HD model the angle of its lens is now the most extreme height of angle action is 90 Ahd is 30 and GVS 40 those are examples. making again a new hand grip and angle to shot

again Congrads love to hear more

firmware check be the first as newer lotts are coming out. test shots etc........

Dimitris76 wrote:
Quote:
Ok guys I just got in my hands the GVS and lightyears ahead of any other Aiptek camera I have ever laid my hand on.

Keep in mind that I had until recently - and returned - the Action HD. The build quality with in comparison with it is day and night. Action HD feels and looks like a cheap silver painted plastic box.

I didn't try the performance yet butGVS definetly looks like a keeper.

Dimitris
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2009, 2:33 PM   #64

As I posted in the start, it was not possble to load outside source clips to the GVS, well I thought I give it a try again. reload total correctly. yes it is possable to make the GVS a portable media player.

it is not worth it, due to a short battery life 60 minutes.. it is aPMP player if you use totlla media extreme
Old Jan 25, 2009, 7:24 PM   #65

As noted GVS now able to reflash back to orginal firmware, as long as it is requested
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:27 PM   #66

I greatly appreciate the level of detail you've provided. The review work is impressive where thoroughness is concerned. However, there is one overriding factor that even video novices ask about these days, that I would submit you missed: editing. If for no other reason NOT to buy this camera is its inability to edit with a standard PC video editing application. While this is a .mov file which can be accommodated in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, the DV specs are not compatible AT ALL. I thought, well maybe if I buy QuickTime PRO I can convert the footage to .avi WRONG. The video pixelated with all attempts. (So I wasted $30 experimenting by purchasing QT Pro.)

Immediately upon firing up this camera, I noticed the digital noise - "grain" - and it's interesting - in a very well-lit basketball court, the image looked acceptable in the light areas but any dark part that came into view (such as the stands or even the strips on a ref's shirt) would grain out on me. Even for a novice (which I'm not), this is totally unacceptable. Any photographer, no matter how inexperienced, unless legally blind, would reject these shortcomings.

Yes, you get what you pay for - I thought this might be an exception - it's not even worth $270. The only great experience with this is that I ordered on-line and returned with no questions asked to my local Wal-greens story. Way to go Wal-greens.

If you want a small HD camcorder, save your money (and the pain and duress of Aiptek) and check out Canon's HF20 - Vixia - and look for it on Amazon - I saved $300 off the Best Buy price. I paid just over $550. It is the most stunning picture I've seen, the stabalizer is unbelievable - zoomed all the way out and with my shaky hand, the image looked like a still shot in the viewfinder. By the way, I couldn't even tell the Aiptek had a stabalizer.

Steve - I appreciate your work - but I could have saved you some pixels - you could have just said "It's a piece of crap!"

BAYVIDEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2009, 5:58 AM   #67

Thank you. I am FISHYCOMICS, not Steve.

I agree with you 110%

a sample is needed, to comment with what you're saying possable other things were set.

FW, EV, pass 5x zoom WB it occures.

This is a PC low budget hybrid day timecam grreat for outdoors LOL

give away of theday.com

offers a software a day and AVS4U.com was there look each day save yourself 30.00 even magix was free with rebates.

I'll work ordid I already do one LOL

thanks

BAYVIDEO wrote:
Quote:
I greatly appreciate the level of detail you've provided. The review work is impressive where thoroughness is concerned. However, there is one overriding factor that even video novices ask about these days, that I would submit you missed: editing. If for no other reason NOT to buy this camera is its inability to edit with a standard PC video editing application. While this is a .mov file which can be accommodated in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, the DV specs are not compatible AT ALL. I thought, well maybe if I buy QuickTime PRO I can convert the footage to .avi WRONG. The video pixelated with all attempts. (So I wasted $30 experimenting by purchasing QT Pro.)

Immediately upon firing up this camera, I noticed the digital noise - "grain" - and it's interesting - in a very well-lit basketball court, the image looked acceptable in the light areas but any dark part that came into view (such as the stands or even the strips on a ref's shirt) would grain out on me. Even for a novice (which I'm not), this is totally unacceptable. Any photographer, no matter how inexperienced, unless legally blind, would reject these shortcomings.

Yes, you get what you pay for - I thought this might be an exception - it's not even worth $270. The only great experience with this is that I ordered on-line and returned with no questions asked to my local Wal-greens story. Way to go Wal-greens.

If you want a small HD camcorder, save your money (and the pain and duress of Aiptek) and check out Canon's HF20 - Vixia - and look for it on Amazon - I saved $300 off the Best Buy price. I paid just over $550. It is the most stunning picture I've seen, the stabalizer is unbelievable - zoomed all the way out and with my shaky hand, the image looked like a still shot in the viewfinder. By the way, I couldn't even tell the Aiptek had a stabalizer.

Steve - I appreciate your work - but I could have saved you some pixels - you could have just said "It's a piece of crap!"
Old Jan 27, 2009, 6:26 PM   #68

I think about changing my GO-HD+ to GVS/Z600.
Sound noise, picture noise, loud focusing - I know that GVS fix these problems. But brightness and colors is nice for low light scene (for hybrid) seems to me.
Most indoor videos taken with GVS from Vimeo seems less vivid and accurate to me.
Please take a look at source of http://vimeo.com/2985770 and say me is it right decision? Do I get at least similar picture with GVS/Z600 or indoor shots will be darker or worse at all?
PaulBunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2009, 6:46 PM   #69

If this is so please post Z600 to the Z600 topic thank you

PaulBunkie wrote:
Quote:
I think about changing my GO-HD+ to GVS/Z600.
Sound noise, picture noise, loud focusing - I know. But brightness and colors is nice for low light scene (for hybrid) seems to me.
Most indoor videos taken with GVS from Vimeo seems less vivid and accurate to me.
Please take a look at source of http://vimeo.com/2985770 and say me is it right decision? Do I get at least similar picture with GVS/Z600 or indoor shots will be darker or worse at all?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 6:53 PM   #70

Ok. Posted there.
Are Z600 and GVS _so_ different devices, not different marketing?
PaulBunkie is offline   Reply With Quote