Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 1, 2009, 9:35 AM   #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Did you look on the ac charger of the GVS the pin config should be there, right side.
Yes, I measured (with the continuity function on my multimeter) from USB connector to the circuit card but as the pins are very small I was not sure if I found the right one...

Edit2: Sorry I misunderstod, It's there as you said, as Juggernauter also posted below, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
What I did was cut the ac adapter I had, you can probably get a ac plug off ebay for 10.00 that will cost close to your price.
That's one way... but you still need to solder a new connection if you want to use the charger, unless you switch the cable between battery and eliminator. Here in Sweden those mini-USB plugs cost only a couple of dollars. The tricky bit is to get the soldering right.

Cheers C.

Edit: fishycomics, have you tried a "class 6" card? I had all kinds of strange things happening before I switched - low battery, low card speed indications and the camera didn't want to stop recordings when pressing the rec button. I thought I had bought a worthless piece of junk... happy with it now though.

Last edited by Caprice; Sep 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added comment
Caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:28 AM   #702

I am not Fishycomics but i have two Class 6 Cards tested in the Cam and both work fine. 6 gb and 16 gb.

@fishycomics
I just put two points of glue on the Cam and than plasticfoam, i dont wont to record myself but the mic is too loud for my needs.
Today i was away of 80 Meters of a Cablecar but you can here it in the Video and the Cam was not in the direction to the Cablecar.
All what i try to do, is reduce the Backroundnoise. Man, a volume control for the internal mic will be a fantastic thing.

But i dont give up and i try now to mod a mic on the external port and see whats than.

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.

Last edited by Juggernauter; Sep 1, 2009 at 10:35 AM.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:48 AM   #703

I made a picture of the German PSU from the Aiptek Cam.
May that helps. Pin 4 + Pin 5 -

Hmm i am thinking about an external power over USB too. I try searching but could not find, i think i have seen it on engadget. searching .... goes on.

Edit: Found a German Site with a external Battery, could this work with our Aiptek Cam? Think so. May i order one.
http://www.akku-land.de/Akku-Liste/H...rsalakku).html

Canon Powershot S95

Last edited by Juggernauter; Sep 1, 2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:40 PM   #704

Thanks, Apparently I measured right...

but didn't have to since it was in front of my eyes all the time.
Oh well...perhaps I need new glasses?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:03 PM   #705

Juggernauter, I guess it would work(if the pin out is right?), a little pricey for me personally compared to soldering a 2 dollar USB connector to a wire plus cost of battery.

BTW, do all manufacturers follow the same standard on which USB pins that powers their cameras? This is my first camera so I have no idea..
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:17 PM   #706

Yes right the price is high, depends on how many devices you have to load or for who many you need extra batterylife. problem is, you cant use this one for a notebook too, most of them need more volts.

we need a ultimate charger for all devices :-) or better all devices have the same usb port for charging. the future will bring this, but we all live now. :-)

so you want to solder a extra battery on the usb port. hmmm is that safe? i have a old aiptek here also with a usb port may i try. can do this, i have 4 batterys now out of older aipteks but they all work in the new one too. but to do this i need a new solderiron first.

Canon Powershot S95
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:33 PM   #707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprice View Post
Edit: fishycomics, have you tried a "class 6" card? I had all kinds of strange things happening before I switched - low battery, low card speed indications and the camera didn't want to stop recordings when pressing the rec button. I thought I had bought a worthless piece of junk... happy with it now though.
no memory card in cam internal memory, turn on hitrecord LOW battery. its a flaw in the camera. lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:37 PM   #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernauter View Post

@fishycomics
I just put two points of glue on the Cam and than plasticfoam, i dont wont to record myself but the mic is too loud for my needs.
Today i was away of 80 Meters of a Cablecar but you can here it in the Video and the Cam was not in the direction to the Cablecar.
All what i try to do, is reduce the Backroundnoise. Man, a volume control for the internal mic will be a fantastic thing.

But i dont give up and i try now to mod a mic on the external port and see whats than.
Internal mic posted in the Aiptek A-Hd review anddeep in the threads, we made a ext mic port.

so Taking a jack port and modding to the lcd, we then can add a sterio port. Not going to attempt.

We can again attach /seperate the wirng of the in mics and add again. I am sur we will still get the same sound just lower. we need a sensor with a range.

I had made clips. and going through them every weekend. of a train blowing the whistle and iam no where near LOL gottal love sensitivity .
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:42 PM   #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprice View Post
Juggernauter, I guess it would work(if the pin out is right?), a little pricey for me personally compared to soldering a 2 dollar USB connector to a wire plus cost of battery.

BTW, do all manufacturers follow the same standard on which USB pins that powers their cameras? This is my first camera so I have no idea..
The JAzz camerasaredifferent, butwill power the Aipteks, the Aipteks will not power the jazz.

the plugs are differentfor older aipteks.

I cut 50% of the ac plug, and adapted to the 12vdc chargersfor thecar. and have my own dc plug.

If I wanted to I know I can grab 3AA batteries. 2 stes expanded life , got my charger
Old Sep 1, 2009, 3:33 PM   #710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernauter View Post

...so you want to solder a extra battery on the usb port. hmmm is that safe? i have a old aiptek here also with a usb port may i try. can do this, i have 4 batterys now out of older aipteks but they all work in the new one too. but to do this i need a new solderiron first.
I expressed myself poorly, I ment soldering a mini-USB connector to a wire which go to a battery pack. I would not dare to solder a battery directly to the camera USB connectors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics
... its a flaw in the camera. lol
Aha, to bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics
The JAzz camerasaredifferent, butwill power the Aipteks, the Aipteks will not power the jazz.

the plugs are differentfor older aipteks.
Typical, makes an extra buck for battery eliminator fabricators, I guess. Thanks for the info.