Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 18, 2009, 4:05 AM   #731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 930 View Post
Thanks, Fishy.

Before writing my note, I had found and reviewed your video, which was very informative. But it's not the disassembly of the camera that I'm worried about (you covered that quite well!). It's whether or not I can successfully replace the mini USB port on the circuit board. My guess is that it might be a difficult job for me, since I have only modest skill with soldering on circuit boards, and I bet I could do some damage if I'm ham handed. Plus, I don't know where to get a replacement mini USB port that will match what's there.

The reason I'm considering either replacing the USB port (or replacing the camera) is that for my application, I need about 2 hours of continuous running, in a race car setting, and I won't have the ability to pull out the battery and charge it separately. My preference is to connect the camera to the wall charger, which in turn is wired into an inverter in the car. And that requires that the USB port be functional.

Do you know if there are any pictures posted anywhere that focus specifically on the mini USB port on the camera's circuit board? I looked but didn't find any with enough detail to be helpful.

Later today. I shall try again to locte I thought I had them in here, probably in the main threads.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:57 AM   #732

Thanks Fishy!
qlee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 2:50 PM   #733

It Clearly States in my mind, that on Amazon, the Action HD GVS Fw 2802 is not a North American firmware.
As Aiptk Lied through their teeth, that fw 2802 is a Eroupean firmware for the Z700. It is In the New Models on Amazon.

To Win my trust on the Aiptek family will take something big.

Moving Foward.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:11 PM   #734

As i cannot locate here, I am sure it in the gvs dee in th topic, but hey one may never know

this is a board of the AHD its simular, the pins are to fine or small,Isay PASS.

Shot at 2007-12-17

Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 19, 2009 at 7:17 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:41 AM   #735

Hi 'Comics

Which memory cards do you use in your aiptek? Do they work well? Have you ever had any problem with them?

Cheers
Gavin
lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2009, 11:47 AM   #736

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybones View Post
Hi 'Comics

Which memory cards do you use in your aiptek? Do they work well? Have you ever had any problem with them?

Cheers
Gavin
Yes I have issues but nonw were of the cam
I use calss 2 and class 4 I do notcare about class 6 I have sandisk class 2 4 gb, that made me purchase 8gb class 2 (2 of them) and a class 4 16gb 15bpps

I am Pleased.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 3:04 PM   #737

It is said that the newer version gvs's comes with internal software, so that makes one wonder when updating. you'll either have or lose it good luck if you're updating Head that warning.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:12 PM   #738

Do you always go for Scandisk? If going for Class 2 really isn't a problem then this seems like a bargain: Amazon
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:17 PM   #739

Or maybe this one is better as it's class 4 but the same price: Kingston
Old Dec 13, 2009, 5:39 PM   #740

taken a relaxing trip today, rather trust a newer camcorder (kodak) I had my backup (GVS)

not a full gig 774 meg I filmed, and battery life strong. the other 3.62 gig and had to switch batt's at a important shot.

I trusted Kodak over Aiptek, and trusted Aiptek over the kodak.

one has to give a little to get a little, do I want wet blue skys. or detail in close ups.

I was impressed, and have not worried, but we hate when we cannot see if the cam is functioning, I wish, WISH one will do what like Sanyo did make a larger bullet to sow if the cam is in record

Sanyo shows a BIG RED BULLET when record, then goes to a smaller one. no I want a larger bullet period.

youtube clip is posted, and hope I chosen a good one, again another relaxing ones to come.