Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:27 PM   #811

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalbec View Post
Hi all & fishycomics :

I'm from Chile and i bought the GVS, last year, thanks to fishycomics comments reviews and youtube videos. Thanks and I'm happy with this camera. Please forgive my poor english if i make a spelling mistake.

But (always a but) I have a non solved matter :
1) When I zoom (or unzoom), the image get blured during few seconds and is very annoying and you have to cut in edition (is a problem when your are making an interview and you want to zoom in his/her eyes). Question : Is it normal?, It is just because light (lack or anything?), Is it because a setting (for example AF,)? How can I solve it, if able? It doesn't happen with other brands that i have tested.

The Aiptek was fairly new to AF. The G0-Hd would gocus and unfocus, and do hunting, if you were off the center point of the cams range, the Z700, GVS is a step better, and less Hunting. Are you focused dead center, and still get the issues, tehn you're out of calibration. something anyone could has mentioned. Like you said a misshap. and dropping it would break it for sure, it's not shockproof. The slightest drop would do that.

2) But I broke it because a fall. And the zoom doesn't work at all (I push it up-down and doesn't work and it seems that it touch nothing at the end). I opened as the Don't Do This Video at youtube and it seems that the plastic is not getting to the internal zoom mechanism. Somebody knows who, where, or how to fix it? I'm using the remote control meanwhile. It is usefull but not comfortable.

The zoom cover over a switch, which is a micro switch can be replaced, if Aiptek has the part, butthey rather you send it in. Once tey go its useless. you can try to repair but it may be a loss. If you say you can Remote zoom, vs handzoom. the Zoom cover, can be pulled off, but gotto get into the cam fo the actual repair.

Thanks for any help in any of the two topics

Paul

Paul I have not used my Aiptek for the Longest, and I hear ya. Loved the cam when I was at its peak, andstill own it, two of them. I hoe you can find the way to repair, maybe contacting Aiptek.tw or Germany which ever is closest to you? may cost money but see which out weights the best. maybe time to opt up to a Sony WX9
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:08 PM   #812

edit

Last edited by veni; Jul 23, 2011 at 2:51 PM.
veni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:30 PM   #813

Really Thanks Fishy for your answer.

The missfocussing problem was before the drop, so I think this is a problem of the camera itself. Maybe, as you mention, it is time to think on a Sony WX9 (I`ll see my budget... it is just my hobbie).

Thanks also for the recommendation sending the camera to Germany (i think USA is closer to me).

See you, Paul
pmalbec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:08 PM   #814

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalbec View Post
Really Thanks Fishy for your answer.

The missfocussing problem was before the drop, so I think this is a problem of the camera itself. Maybe, as you mention, it is time to think on a Sony WX9 (I`ll see my budget... it is just my hobbie).

Thanks also for the recommendation sending the camera to Germany (i think USA is closer to me).

See you, Paul

Being overseas, you'll not get suppoert here, something Aiptek refuses to help on. so again if you're overseas, you must go to yourregion, a Phone call solves the problem. you're welcomed
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:27 AM   #815

Hello.Unfortunately I broke my Aiptek z700 LCD screen.Does anyone know where can get a new one?Thank you in advance.
mircelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:38 AM   #816

New screen or new cam?

try Aipte.com your region for seeing if they part with repair parts. Keep an eye on Ebay for broken models
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:30 PM   #817

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
New screen or new cam?

try Aipte.com your region for seeing if they part with repair parts. Keep an eye on Ebay for broken models
New LCD screen,of course.Unfortunately is not a popular brand in my country(ROmania).Apparently no authorized service.I spent hours on the internet and found dozens of sites that sell LCD display monitors for for all popular brands camcorders,but nothing for Aiptek.After I disassembled the screen, I think it can be replaced with a model of another company.Thanks anyway.Keep looking on the internet.
mircelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:15 PM   #818

Hi. I hope I can ask for troubleshooting here. I have the same model and I tried an external mic but it doesn't work. I get the symbol that an external mic is connecting but I still hear only the internal mic working.
I have tested the mic on the pc and it works.

Do I have to do something specific to enable the mic from the camera or I need a specific mic. I couldn't fight any option in the camera menu. The mic is mono btw.

EDIT: I have the v5z5fs model and there is no mode button. Anyone know how can I enable the external mic there?
EDIT2: After many tests I realized that both internal mic and ext work. But for some reason the ext quality is too bad. My firmware is 4000. Maybe updating will fix this problem? Or Can I do something else?

Last edited by Maniac_GR; Oct 31, 2011 at 11:42 AM.
Maniac_GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:27 PM   #819

Had to referre to my review and ask myself " does the GVS come with a lens cover?"

I think it does not wow, I was suprized.

I was contacted noto long ago, of a video I made with the GVS, to be used for documents and school work, I was contacted twice with this video I am amazed, each and every time I watch it. one of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91kOYlkLyK4
Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:01 PM   #820

I found my tripod peices that broke off, and wished I knew where I put the sd door.
I think if I get the time, and if I remember I shall try to repair the cam? Some epoxy lock it in place, I be good to go.