Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 28, 2009, 3:55 PM   #81

Oops... I assumed that noisy focus is a bug/feature of GO-HD exclusively
I didn't heard too much loud noise on samples I seen. Or not paid attention.
Thanks for warning, fishy!
PaulBunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:07 PM   #82

How does it compare to the Aiptek GVS?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:23 PM   #83

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
sound be lowerÂ* andÂ* not improved.
Seems I not separate mic noise and lens swishing. Here is TWO problems.
PaulBunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:07 AM   #84

gazoo wrote:
Quote:
I just got this the other night. I am very impressed. Low light levels are not that great, however it's not too far off from my expensive (at the time) Canon Elura DV cam. The low light is manageable with an extra light or two turned on, and night shot or EV settings (maybe I'm not picky and just happy that it somewhat works at night indoors).

The one observation I'd like to make is regarding the 1080p 1440x1080 mode. On some PCs, it comes out with 16:9 aspect. On my self built GB-PVR HTPC, the picture is square 4:3. The 720p modes are 16:9 and look spectacular. I'd like to know if any others have noticed that the 16:9 vs 4:3 view changes from computer to computer based on the codec used? The HTPC is using CoreAVC and it shows it 4:3, the desktop is running MPC home and it shows it at 16:9 and also with 5-6 lines of weird green moving lines on the bottom. I should also mention that the MPC codec is being used on an ATI 48xx series card with hardware acceleration turned on. I'm pretty good with codecs, merit values and all that jazz. When I switched the desktop to CoreAVC, I got the same thing - square picture. Really odd.

I'm not currently using quicktime, other than quicktime alternative which I believe just basically uses another H.264 decoder.

I also have a question for fishycomics - do you write your reviews on an Iphone or something? It looks like your letters jump around like you're on a weird keyboard or maybe a touchscreen. Just curious :-)
I also forgot to mention that the sound seems very sensitive and also very clear and good. I have not heard any of the hiss some people have spoken about. Has anybody noticed any of the other things in my thread?
gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:30 PM   #85

Sound. if there is the slightest bother people complain, tha is what kille the other cams

gazoo wrote:
Quote:
gazoo wrote:
Quote:
I just got this the other night. I am very impressed. Low light levels are not that great, however it's not too far off from my expensive (at the time) Canon Elura DV cam. The low light is manageable with an extra light or two turned on, and night shot or EV settings (maybe I'm not picky and just happy that it somewhat works at night indoors).

The one observation I'd like to make is regarding the 1080p 1440x1080 mode. On some PCs, it comes out with 16:9 aspect. On my self built GB-PVR HTPC, the picture is square 4:3. The 720p modes are 16:9 and look spectacular. I'd like to know if any others have noticed that the 16:9 vs 4:3 view changes from computer to computer based on the codec used? The HTPC is using CoreAVC and it shows it 4:3, the desktop is running MPC home and it shows it at 16:9 and also with 5-6 lines of weird green moving lines on the bottom. I should also mention that the MPC codec is being used on an ATI 48xx series card with hardware acceleration turned on. I'm pretty good with codecs, merit values and all that jazz. When I switched the desktop to CoreAVC, I got the same thing - square picture. Really odd.

I'm not currently using quicktime, other than quicktime alternative which I believe just basically uses another H.264 decoder.

I also have a question for fishycomics - do you write your reviews on an Iphone or something? It looks like your letters jump around like you're on a weird keyboard or maybe a touchscreen. Just curious :-)
I also forgot to mention that the sound seems very sensitive and also very clear and good. I have not heard any of the hiss some people have spoken about. Has anybody noticed any of the other things in my thread?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 5:02 PM   #86

As this wee hour Mourning, and on other mournings i have been noticing and now felt it is time to post up the video on reflections with lighted objects. It is not just Aipteks GVS, itcould happen on any companies cam.

Just that when filming scene shots in the video one particular scen it is quite noticable and a reverse image occures

almost like a enexpensive telescope.

it is a traffic light with Arrows. So stay tuned for the video pointing this out, andstay tunedfor some other videos a time lapse in sunrise

showing the cam filming a lighted scene, thank you.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 5:58 PM   #87

http://vimeo.com/3022874

nighttime lighted scene artifacts
Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:03 PM   #88

http://vimeo.com/3022904

Sound test.

Here is a excellent shot with sound Ihad to lower theinside one at actual or lowered it is not thesound it is the pitch ofdistrotion,

we're not after that we're after the distance. we're after perfection, etc..
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:38 AM   #89

Hey Fishy, I just want to thank you for your hard work with the reviews and test vids. I appreciate it. I recently purchased this model after reading many of your responses and others on this forum! Thanks again!

Quick question about the firmware for this model...

I called up Aiptek and also emailed them requesting the updated firmware for this model and I was brushed off.

They told me they didn't have any firmware for this model and promptly asked me what my issues were with the camera.

All of my issues have been discussed in the forum, low-light issues (expected), some weirdness with color levels (also expected)...

My question is - How did you convince these people to send you the updated firmware? Any help on this would be appreciated!
djparallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2009, 5:19 AM   #90

Welcome aboard DJpar...

Lol 1st post and descussed hmm a catch 22 question.

A magician never reveils his or her tricks.

djparallax wrote:
Quote:
Hey Fishy, I just want to thank you for your hard work with the reviews and test vids. I appreciate it. I recently purchased this model after reading many of your responses and others on this forum! Thanks again!

Quick question about the firmware for this model...

I called up Aiptek and also emailed them requesting the updated firmware for this model and I was brushed off.

They told me they didn't have any firmware for this model and promptly asked me what my issues were with the camera.

All of my issues have been discussed in the forum, low-light issues (expected), some weirdness with color levels (also expected)...

My question is - How did you convince these people to send you the updated firmware? Any help on this would be appreciated!