Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 22, 2008, 1:51 PM   #11

Wayne 12's suggestion that it might be in MACRO mode is a good one.

Check and make sure it's not in MACRO mode before you return it.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 3:10 PM   #12

Yes we can incorrectly record in macro if hitting hte Joystick UP. but once the camera is turned off, it is automatically reset to Infinity. there is no way you can permantly set to macro.

other settings are explained in the review.

The AF lock can be set and bypassed while recording.

What I found interesting. When cam is on, and you decide anytime to record, example you are resting the cam to the side while it is on, and say hey look there grab the cam without allowing to focus your video will become exactly like hte video shown.

so maybe possable that the cam is out of alighnment and needs to recalibrate.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 3:49 PM   #13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8P2fATNyoQ

Just thought I load up this sample, 720p 60f , i have to compare and can lean to the GVS in SOund quality

I am reloading over and over. 1920x1080 res from magix with u issues to vim and You. now a direct load of the actual file.

and Confirmed file failure. until on home pc I can say the best quality must be downgraded.....................

whileexamining the clip it was not in HQ and looked like a poor quality, while now in HQ a better quality.

so having just a video on two different servers one should DL the fil and add in so we can compare without flash.

Old Dec 22, 2008, 4:11 PM   #14

http://rapidshare.com/files/175902321/FILE0252.MOV.html

this is one clip on the safari place I went............

cam is on all the time, and when I felt I needed to record Ijust did that. and that is why it is blurry

Old Dec 22, 2008, 8:43 PM   #15

Problem with controls, is the way we hold a camera can cause you to not be dead center on a joystick button too.

Fishy, the aiptek HSHD has a focus switch, could i ask if you could look over at Fuzz's thread and see if you could help with some of the my questions (for instance is it an actually focus lock or just a macro control on the barrel, viewable on enlarged pictures at aiptek.com) and if you know the macro distance. I have a chance to order a camera before Christmas (we are about 16 hours ahead here) from the states, so I can get it before new years, maybe.

I think it delivers better exposure than what the Kodak is giving (but has other issues i will look at over coming in setup).
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:35 PM   #16

if its a fixed lens its a manual switch.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 8:43 AM   #17

Embarrassingly, I missed the fixed focus on the site. (the labeling of the macro switch makes it look like it has a third mode, but it doesn't of course). The on line manual they give is appalling, it has the wrong model number, it tells you to look on the box to find out what resolution the camera supports (truly) and does not list the macro distance and is short. I tried Taiwan (and de) and they both give manual for wrong AHD models. Aiptek America has eliminated contact details and requires a serial number to send the service form.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 9:57 AM   #18

under HD HD1 2 gig at aiptek.com

the switch infinity 28" -~

the switch macro 16-18 to 28 inchs

it is not a true macro at all.

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
Embarrassingly, I missed the fixed focus on the site. (the labeling of the macro switch makes it look like it has a third mode, but it doesn't of course). The on line manual they give is appalling, it has the wrong model number, it tells you to look on the box to find out what resolution the camera supports (truly) and does not list the macro distance and is short. I tried Taiwan (and de) and they both give manual for wrong AHD models. Aiptek America has eliminated contact details and requires a serial number to send the service form.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:38 PM   #19

It appears to be a different lens system. The page lists it as fixed and auto focus. It looks like 7?4mm f3.0 the HSHD 4.1mm f2.8, from the pictures. 5 mpixel sensor in the HD-1 entails a lens design considerations.

I like your latest night shot, still downloading but it looks better than past footage I have seen.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 2:09 PM   #20

if referring to my clip. I cannot comment yet till playback on tube or better screens