Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 7, 2009, 4:03 AM   #1

Well, tonight we had our photo club meeting and someone told me they were unimpressed with the video color of the GVS and he looked on this forums and seen no difference from his brothers camera and other samples. "I guess BILL is a lurker, :blah:"

So, I asked him if he and his brother were using the auto white balance and EV settings or manually? He then told me "auto" and there was no point to do it manually since there is no difference because he tested it. I told him, That's funny I see a big difference between auto and manual and I only use manual settingsnow.

And since I have seen this asked before I decided to make a demo video of the differences of automatic and manual settings.

At work I picked out spray paint colors most people can recognize or personally see to decide which is the most correct colors.

http://www.vimeo.com/2748057

Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2009, 4:58 AM   #2

Funny.

the camera is a point - n - shoot Hybrid catered more to video then stills, and I gues "someone" is comparing a camera, to a video camcorder.

if he or she purchased the unit, then they are satasfied with it being just that a point-n-shoot hybrid, nothing more. they find it a waste of time to go through a basic set up with minimal features and controls, and are turned off quite easily.

there was a saying give a camera person a video cam and watch them fail.

Now it may be possable and it is, that these GVS models are not all the same, even if the Firmware is correct.

EV settings work for one person, but not another person, or any other feature or function, defects, flaws, incorrect scenery etc.................

earlier models did not allow White balance or ev to adjust in the video mode, today they do.

Maxprime wrote:
Quote:
Well, tonight we had our photo club meeting and someone told me they were unimpressed with the video color of the GVS and he looked on this forums and seen no difference from his brothers camera and other samples. "I guess BILL is a lurker, :blah:"

So, I asked him if he and his brother were using the auto white balance and EV settings or manually? He then told me "auto" and there was no point to do it manually since there is no difference because he tested it. I told him, That's funny I see a big difference between auto and manual and I only use manual settingsnow.

And since I have seen this asked before I decided to make a demo video of the differences of automatic and manual settings.

At work I picked out spray paint colors most people can recognize or personally see to decide which is the most correct colors.

http://www.vimeo.com/2748057

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 4:09 AM   #3

Well, I got a phone call today about my WB/EV test and was asked how did I think any of that was relative to filming by testing the setting with still shots. After correcting him. I decided to update this test info.

The video of the test is not of stills. But, of recorded video. I only shortened the test video's to merge them together.

The funny part is that Bill and I own highend camcorders "canon xl-h1s's" and he can't understand why I likethe Aiptek GVS over my good one. Well it's simple, when I go somewhere I don't have to carry a electronic 57 chevy around to video something.

I have the GVS on my belt and if I see somthing of interest I record it. I however can not do that as easy with my canon and with alittle experimenting with what limited settingfeatures that the GVS does have. I have found that it can improve the quality ofmy recordings. But, to each his own.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 4:47 AM   #4

Who was the call from?
TheSkillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 4:54 AM   #5

My lurking buddy Bill,lol