Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:43 AM   #1

I just checked the Digilife site, as there hasn't been any news or reports of them on electronic and gagdet sites. But on their site there's listed some new h-cameras. Looking through the specs there's isn't anything new. Seems like they are using previous years of cmos chips. Only difference I see, is cosmetic and some cloning.:G

First up is the Digilife DDV-H3:

Next up is the Digilife DDV-H5:

The Digilife DDV-H7:

The Digilife DDV-H20:

The Digilife DP-100 mini portable projector. Could be the same as Aiptek's.

And the final one is the Digilife DDV-V5HD. Whoever the OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) is, are selling these to Sanyo(The HD100) and Hitachi(
DZ-HV564) and now to Digilife.

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:13 PM   #2

I wonder if this new DigiLife DDV-V5HD would have a Mic jack to

add an external microphone?

I'm surprised they haven't unveiled a 1920 X 1080 Camcorder.

RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2009, 7:10 PM   #3

they all look good. hope they give Cough cough for a run

and BIG TIME.

like how AVI format is used. do not like if that wasan erooror typo on one 3x digital zoom looks like optical on the cam model. I a, sure soon we'll see likeSony pushed out a small model
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:19 AM   #4

The DigiLife DDV-D5HD looks identical to Sanyo's VPC-HD100. It's literally the same camcorder.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:36 PM   #5

it sure does one company 20 vamp names
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:05 AM   #6

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
The DigiLife DDV-D5HD looks identical to Sanyo's VPC-HD100. It's literally the same camcorder.
I collected information about these two cams without being aware they may be the same thing. Here's the specs I posted in the Hybrid List:

DDV-V5HD...5.0..cmos.1440x1080/30.4x/5x.2.5"..8G/sd...avi..fixed......no.....NP60...290..$..?..,(z) (6)(20),IS
VPC-HD100.5.0.cmos.1440x1080/30..4x/5x..2.5"...8G/sd..mov..auto......?.....NP60...405..$200,(i)(7),I S

The cases are obviously identical (despite whichever of them has the size wrong). Up to the external memory capacity, they are the same. But then they appear to be quite different. Maybe I made mistakes, but not that many. The differences may be due to the continuing failure of the manufacturers/vendors of these cameras to offer adequate and accurate specs. It's also possible the cameras are programmed differently, or use different chipsets.

It seems fairly clear the HD100 uses NP60 batteries, as does the V5HD. But none of the other Sanyo Xacti cams use the NP60. Digilife practically always uses the NP60. Logic strongly suggests the HD100 is made by Digilife, is a loose copy of the other Xacti cams, and is sold only through Walmart using the Sanyo name. How convoluted is that?

If anyone wishes to spend their time digging out better information on these two cameras, I'd be happy to correct the listings. Digilife has been quite stingy with the specs for their latest (ideas of) hybrids. Walmart is even more useless with their HD100.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2009, 3:19 PM   #7

Default digilife and traveler

I have just bought a traveler10x and it looks to me to be identical to the digilife HV5 - at least from the back and side views and the spec. The odd thing is why combine a 10x zoom with 720p and a 5x zoom with 1080p, and not put the two best bits together? If the 1080p digilife is the same camera as the H20 Toshiba which company is which? Are digilife and traveler the same or are they really XGV or whatever name Amazon sell? Are they based in Taiwan and who is the real parent company? Does anyone know the full story?
guybagnall is offline   Reply With Quote