Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:36 PM   #1

Trewaudio.com -- an audio equipment company with stores in Nashville, Toronto and Vancouver -- says the new "iPower" lithium polymer 9v rechargeables beat the pants off of the typical "nickel metal hydride" rechargeables that one normally finds in the local stores.

http://www.trewaudio.com/products/ipower/9v/

- Keep going after hundreds of charges
- Charge in less than two hours
- No "memory" issues

If you use wireless microphone transmitters,
these should help.

The president of Lectrosonics... a wireless
microphone manufacturer... says they do work well.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:38 PM   #2

heat warmers wonder if good for that

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:39 PM   #3

We might be seeing similar "lithium polymer" batteries eventually in hybrid camcorders. :-)
Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:39 PM   #4

yes we might
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 5:53 PM   #5

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
We might be seeing similar "lithium polymer" batteries eventually in hybrid camcorders. :-)
They have had them for a while in PDA's. My first Ipaq 3670 had one, so nothing new about Lithium Polymer Technology. Generally Lithium Polymer's advantage is in making very thin batteries, but for regular hybrids there isn't really any advantage.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2009, 4:24 PM   #6

The president of Lectrosonics is reporting the rechargeable Lithium Polymer 9vs are outperforming the regular disposable alkaline batteries by a significant margin.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:07 PM   #7

Private Idaho wrote:
Quote:
The president of Lectrosonics is reporting the rechargeable Lithium Polymer 9vs are outperforming the regular disposable alkaline batteries by a significant margin.
Well compared to a regular 9v Alkaline cell yes they should do, but I was referring to Lithium Ion compared to Lithium Polymer as they both have the same energy density. The advantage of Lithium Polymer is that you could create a Hybrid with a built in battery (much like my PDA) that would be thinner than you would achieve with a regular Lithium Ion battery arrangement. I would prefer a removeable Lithium Ion battery myself, after all I think Camcorders are small enough for this not to be a problem.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 9:17 AM   #8

Lithium is under going some changes. Thousands of cycles recharge, very fast recharge (under a minute possibly) and some modest increases in density (though silicon nano-wire could be ten times, though I am uncertain wherever that is separate to lithium).
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 9:32 AM   #9

There is a good article on "Li-poly" batteries, explaining their structural difference from conventional Li-ion cells, at....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium...olymer_battery

The active ingredients are laminated together with polymer structural elements, resulting in lighter weight and higher volumetric energy density.

The "lithium " in Li-poly and Li-ion battery nomenclature is a misnomer. Lithium metal is not consumed and converted to its ions with release of lots of energy, as it is in throwaway lithium primary AA and other batteries.

In Li-ion and Li-poly, the lithium ions are not oxidised or reduced; they act as the current carriers between anode and cathode, in the same way as hydrogen ions do in many other batterychemistries. They're the next most mobile cation, being small.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote