Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:28 PM   #1

http://www.vimeo.com/2892194

I was stuck in the snow for almost 3 hours.. here is some footage of me stuck. I would post the after escape video but I have to wait a week for Vimeo to allow me to upload another HD video :roll:
pgomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:38 PM   #2

excellent Job

liked the shots. have you noticed the rocks flying
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:20 PM   #3

That was pretty good.
Maxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:25 PM   #4

Seriously.. this video was taken after I had dug, by hand, with the top of a tiny dirt-devil vaccum, for about 45 mins! Digging around my tires.. I was REALLY hoping at this point that I was going to get free... this was a very SERIOUS issue for me and I was expecting this video to be the "I'm FREE!!" shot.. that it did NOT turn out to be.. you can hear me say soemthing like "I'm startin to get concerned now!"

I'm not sure how to put into words what goes on in a person when they are in such a situation.. like.. many things at the same time.. do I panic? Do I walk/run for help? Do I just take a deep breath and think? Do I gnaw my limbs off? CRAZY stuff like that!!! But PRAISE GOD I got free!! I think I even noticed some bear tracks in the snow.. I was thinkin'.. "ok, FIRST I get on a back mountain dirt road that NO ONE travels on for probably MONTHS.. THEN I drive 10 miles out of cell phone reception.. THEN I get stuck in the snow.. what's next? Oh yeah.. get attacked and eaten by a wild animal!!" GRRRRRRRRRRReat!

:O
Old Jan 22, 2009, 4:46 AM   #5

Lol not at you......

by watching the vid and what you did at one time was not bad placed a limb or wood under the spinning tire.

I went through a good number of situations in my time.

taking it ata step at a time relaxe, stay warm and think it out calmely.

ifI was there i would have taken the floor jack lifted up the front. packed down as much material that would help as traction,, may have repeated other side if possable. I would ahve looked for something as a plank, and tried slowely.

I sank in a gravel parking lot broken the dog bone mount of a aluminum tranny plate, which welding was first getting started with very new to me to find a shop to repair

I did just that as mentioned I go out, all because i was waiting for a person to shut a door to back in a spot LOL

I carry a shovel but yep in a city vs a country, I hear ya.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:29 AM   #6

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
ifIĀ* was thereĀ* i would have taken theĀ* floor jackĀ* lifted up the front. packed down as much material thatĀ* would help as traction,, may have repeated other side if possable. I would ahve looked for something as a plank, and tried slowely.
It eventually occurred to me to do just that! LOL. It was very difficult to do on the drivers side because I got rather close to the side of the hill/mountain, so I had to dig on that side for a bit. But yeah, I found a ton of old dead branches on the side of the hill to the left out of the shot. I think they were from pine trees. Not just one or two either! It gave me enough traction to actually FIGHT against the snow and eventually break myself free by goin forward, then back, over and over until I got out. My part 2 video will have the aftermath of my escape
:G
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:28 PM   #7

Yep I am awaiting that HD vid

I have stories and rather bore ya.

they say having a board for the floor jack is very helpful when on a dirt path so keep that in mind.

safe and sound keeping the triple C's counts...:G

Cool

Calm

Collective