Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 5, 2009, 3:38 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Hi gamer_it,

could you please tell me if the AV-Input works on the z700? If you put the AV-cable into the AV-In connector of the camera, does it show up AV-Input in the Menu? If yes, what resolution has the recorded Video (you can check it for example with the Gspot Software http://gspot.headbands.com/ ).

I've imported my A-HD+ last year on purpose from US because the european versions of Aiptek´s HD-Cams haven´t got the AV-Input feature.

Thanks in advance!
cesarius
cesarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 4:42 AM   #12
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

Welcome CES.....

I am sure thez700 is the same with no av input.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"There is a model Robb... talks about not yet released, or looks identical. that does have the AV input.


fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 5:56 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Default

Hi cesarius,
Aiptek Z700 don't have AV-Input port but AV-output port.
I hope that this image of the back of camcorder can remove you any doubt.
see u!





cesarius wrote:
Quote:
Hi gamer_it,

could you please tell me if the AV-Input works on the z700? If you put the AV-cable into the AV-In connector of the camera, does it show up AV-Input in the Menu? If yes, what resolution has the recorded Video (you can check it for example with the Gspot Software http://gspot.headbands.com/ ).

I've imported my A-HD+ last year on purpose from US because the european versions of Aiptek´s HD-Cams haven´t got the AV-Input feature.

Thanks in advance!
cesarius
gamer_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 6:07 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Default

Today i started to make some video test with new firmware version 2100 sent to me by aiptek.de.

This is a macro, in a sunny day
http://vimeo.com/3091655

720p 60fps + stabilizer
any other settings are default
into vimeo conversion, i think that my video lost a little bit brightness...
gamer_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 6:19 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Hi Alex,
thanks for the picture! I use my ahd+ as a recorder for a helmet cam connected to the av-input, that´s why I asked.

Unfortunately your Video on vimeo is set as a private one. I think you must turn it public somehow.

See you.
cesarius
cesarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 6:36 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Default

Ops....thank you...now is all public!

byeeeeeee


cesarius wrote:
Quote:
Hi Alex,
thanks for the picture! I use my ahd+ as a recorder for a helmet cam connected to the av-input, that´s why I asked.

Unfortunately your Video on vimeo is set as a private one. I think you must turn it public somehow.

See you.
cesarius
gamer_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:11 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Default

hello guys ... after a day of testing I have decided!
I tried:
- Firmware version 2100,very good pastel colors, but huge slow focus and not precise on macro mode, low sound of the camcorder, applyed audio filter on the movie.

I also tried :
- Firmware version 2302, but too vivid colors
artificial for my tastes.


Finally I tried the 2003 firmware.

Great response time of autofocus!!!!
Colors less intense but more defined details.

Summary:

One week ago I bought Aiptek Z700 with firmware 1904 on board.
NOW I decided that my camcorder will have the 2003 firmware, cause great autofocus response time
and more vivid details on the movies.

The pastel colors are not as 2100 but does not matter, i can adjusted them with any video-edit software.

At moment, this is my final response about Aiptek Z700 firmware.

:|
gamer_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 4:18 PM   #18
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

Very happy you are satasfied . I am sure otherFw will be tweaked to one's liking but never to an individual.


fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2009, 1:14 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Hi I am new.

I have a problem with my Z700.

I think the video quality is to poor in comparing the videos on Vimeo!

It looks like as if it was taken by a mobile phone.
I am looking for sharpness and get picture woosh.
It does not depend on the environment lightning.
At morning or evening and indoor - it is always poor.

What can I do to get the same video quality like the guys on
Vimeo with a Z600 / Z700?

P.s. I used it with a 2 GB Sandisk SD-Card and standard setting.
Ah i forgot: The Videomodes were 1080p and 720p/60

Please excuse my poor english :homey:

Chris Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 2:14 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Default

Hi, chris, welcome here!
I'd your same problem with my cam, poor quality video, until i flashed firmware.
So, if your cam is technically perfect, i think that this could be a firmware problem.
Please,
- check firmware version on your camcorder following fishy istructions or his video, to know your version.
- Pubblish on Vimeo a sample video of your z700
(don't use memory card, save video on internal memory)
- Tell us your results.
Waiting your reply,
Bye





Chris Cam wrote:
Quote:
Hi I am new.

I have a problem with my Z700.

I think the video quality is to poor in comparing the videos on Vimeo!

It looks like as if it was taken by a mobile phone.
I am looking for sharpness and get picture woosh.
It does not depend on the environment lightning.
At morning or evening and indoor - it is always poor.

What can I do to get the same video quality like the guys on
Vimeo with a Z600 / Z700?

P.s. I used it with a 2 GB Sandisk SD-Card and standard setting.
Ah i forgot: The Videomodes were 1080p and 720p/60

Please excuse my poor english :homey:
gamer_it is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:46 AM.