Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 26, 2009, 3:05 PM   #31
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

Jo.. thank you for the insight, on that

1 if that is the correct name you recieved, then someone did not correctly give the Fw to you. what may have had happened you could have misstyoed just one character, and possably crashed the camera, needing a Bios or reflash from factory. Just my guess. loading incorrect fw will do that.

what does the newest Ver 2402 do

1 turn on preset adjusts, with a lil extra focus

2 using the macro/infinity trick, no longer field ofdepth 2100-2302 only

3 mouse down adjust to vid res with longer time

4 still no EV icon

5 still has the dual record feature

5 sound is still low of external speaker

6 when turned on old version will prefocus out not in. New version opposite focuses in and bluured mentions above

o course all wants video video video, till then i say stand bye

jo7878 wrote:
Quote:
first of all . the reason why you can't update firmware is because of the file name. you have to change it to sd_v5z5 from sd_v5z5_2402. i test it n i got it to work . will see how thing go and come back to post a video.2402 fix the macro infinity trick.that for sure.i will start more work.be back.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 3:08 PM   #32
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 4:27 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24
Default

fw 2402
there is a window screen blocking it.without it will look better,also lost macro infinity trick .
http://vimeo.com/3385557
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHMgSVRapE
http://www
fw 2302 nigh
http://vimeo.com/3337181
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX7O7rLdGpw
jo7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 4:29 PM   #34
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

vimeo is private . please setto public if it is for us to watch:G

sometimes not choosing a titl ewill do that
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 7:30 AM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Ok. Thank you for your effort.

My problem is solved. My first Cam was defect.
Now I received a good Z700. I am happy ; )

I have flashed the new firmware 2402 and got a few questions.

If you are in the firmware menu, you can switch on the first point to a second menu ( photocam ).

There are a lot of options and I would like to know what they
mean. ( Because I am German and dont understand it )

Debug: It is mean, that you can test the cam for errors?

Test Mode: Is it the same like the Debug?

PCCam: If you activate this, can you use the cam as a Cam on PCs for Skype?

MP3 Disable: If you inactivate this, you can save or play MP3?

Amba Cam: I have no hunch for this.

Thank you for explaining. Prefered in German ; )


Chris Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:17 AM   #36
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

Stop andjust load thenew FW, and leave those extras to a pro.

Fool with it, you be out $$$.

all I can say

thank you

Chris Cam wrote:
Quote:
Ok. Thank you for your effort.

My problem is solved. My first Cam was defect.
Now I received a good Z700. I am happy ; )

I have flashed the new firmware 2402 and got a few questions.

If you are in the firmware menu, you can switch on the first point to a second menu ( photocam ).

There are a lot of options and I would like to know what they
mean. ( Because I am German and dont understand it )

Debug: It is mean, that you can test the cam for errors?

Test Mode: Is it the same like the Debug?

PCCam: If you activate this, can you use the cam as a Cam on PCs for Skype?

MP3 Disable: If you inactivate this, you can save or play MP3?

Amba Cam: I have no hunch for this.

Thank you for explaining. Prefered in German ; )

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:36 PM   #37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3
Default

I really appreciate your terrific assistance.

Thank you!

It is amazing, how you understand to support your forum and make it interesting. Please close it, because not only you are useless -that forum too.

Without serious help and kindness you will never increase your members.

I am out.

( Thank you for ensure the prejudice about USA people. )
Chris Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:55 PM   #38
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

entitled to your opinion that I thank you



Chris Cam wrote:
Quote:
I really appreciate your terrific assistance.

Thank you!

It is amazing, how you understand to support your forum and make it interesting. Please close it, because not only you are useless -that forum too.

Without serious help and kindness you will never increase your members.

I am out.

( Thank you for ensure the prejudice about USA people. )
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 3:06 AM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
Default

jo7878 wrote:
Quote:
first of all . the reason why you can't update firmware is because of the file name. you have to change it to sd_v5z5 from sd_v5z5_2402. i test it n i got it to work . will see how thing go and come back to post a video.2402 fix the macro infinity trick.that for sure.i will start more work.be back.
Hi all

thanx Jo7878..i renamed the files Aiptek sent me and BINGOOOO!
now i am able to flash the fw..i have no idea why Aiptek changed the fw files names...

so i will try out the 2402

i have 2 question to you and fishycomics: what is the "macro.trick"? and fishycomics you say there is a "dual recording".. i am not sure what you mean by this..

ok thats all for so far

have fun
see yas

flo64
flo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2009, 6:02 AM   #40
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

Flo64

Flo.

macro trick not on 2402,.

Dual recording, clearly mentioned on aipteks site, not mentioned in the book or e-online manual. sorry if I am leaving other info out as you, and most with theirprofiles Pleasefill theloction OUT thank you. noot being harsh or upset. thanks



flo64 wrote:
Quote:

i have 2 question to fishycomics: what is the "macro.trick"? and fishycomics you say there is a "dual recording".. i am not sure what you mean by this..

ok thats all for so far

have fun
see yas

flo64
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:56 AM.