Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 30, 2009, 3:21 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingus View Post
Hi,
Just got my hands on a Z700. I must admit I was expecting much less from it considering the price... about 190 euros.
The only thing that bothers me is that I can't delete files from the SD card while the camera is connected through USB. I have to either delete the files from the camera itself (using the camera menu) or to insert the SD card directly into the laptop. Am I missing something?

BTW the camera had fw 2900 installed.
card protect is off.
cams playback, lock is off.

do you drag from corner to corner highlighted and delete
or click on one select all delete.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2009, 2:44 AM   #62

Quote:
card protect is off.
cams playback, lock is off.

do you drag from corner to corner highlighted and delete
or click on one select all delete.
Just clicked CTRL-A (select all) and pushed DEL or right-click but no DELETE option in the menu.

Card lock is off (not in the LOCK position) as I can erase files from it when inserted directly into the card reader. Not sure what you mean by "cams playback, lock is off". The cam is on so the USB port can recognize it.
stingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2009, 3:25 AM   #63

Quote:
Just clicked CTRL-A (select all) and pushed DEL or right-click but no DELETE option in the menu.

Card lock is off (not in the LOCK position) as I can erase files from it when inserted directly into the card reader. Not sure what you mean by "cams playback, lock is off". The cam is on so the USB port can recognize it.

turn cam on snap a video. play back video hit the mode
choices of delete one, all lock repeat playback......
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:24 AM   #64

I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about deleting files on the camera SD from the computer, not from the camera itself. Once you connect the camera through the USB, there are 3 removable storage drivers in My Computer: the software installation drive (I: in my case), internal memory and SD memory. If I browse to the SD card drive I can see all videos and pictures in the DCIM folder. But I cannot erase these files, I can only copy them. It was easier to delete the files using the computer then from the camera itself.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:57 PM   #65

correct two drivers
int, ext
DCIM. 100media and thefiles.

Are you using a usb 2.0 port. the deletion is easy, and that just may be a issue,, if the card is protected, and file loc on cam not set then I have no other idea.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 7:30 PM   #66

I think I messed up with the wrong settings in the FW menu and now the camera keeps running some tests, over and over again. I noticed 2 flashing pixels in the recordings and than I went in the FW menu (display FW version > joystick right) and I enabled test mode (factory). I selected somehow the "run in test" which runs 85 times, in a couple of hours. It zooms in / out shoots a short movie and plays it back 10 times. Even if I remove the battery when I power the camera up it recalls the last test run and continues until it reaches 85. When it stoped it displayed the statistics and I (foolishly) pressed the shutter button and the tests started again. Now I have to wait a full run till it stops in the statistics page. No buttons works or known combination, even the power button does nothing.
It was a stupid thing to do but I did it and now I need some help stoping it.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 6:27 AM   #67

It's solved. Never mess with the advanced FW settings! Trust me, I had to recalibrate the AF and other settings which I dont know yet if they're ok. I shot a couple of vids and it seems to be ok but I wouldn't go in there again. Take it as an advice.

Anyway, after all this, the initial problem is now solved and I can delete files from the computer. Dont know how and I dont really care as long as the camera works ok.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 7:31 AM   #68

Quote:
It's solved. Never mess with the advanced FW settings! Trust me, I had to recalibrate the AF and other settings which I dont know yet if they're ok. I shot a couple of vids and it seems to be ok but I wouldn't go in there again. Take it as an advice.

Anyway, after all this, the initial problem is now solved and I can delete files from the computer. Dont know how and I dont really care as long as the camera works ok.
I held back on responding, because when I dug into the firmware I found it as easy as turning the cam off, or pulling the battery out.

I made a fast clip, and reacting what you did. may be not theexact but will get the point accross.

1. Do not mess with the interior of the firmware. old saying Let laying dogs lie. why. try pushing them and what do t hey do, they react. (action)
or
if it is not broken, do not fix it. if you try to fix it, two things you repaired, or broken it.

VIDEo
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Last edited by fishycomics; Aug 2, 2009 at 2:41 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 2:18 PM   #69

I dont know if the settings like AWB, AF, lens, zoom etc are still ok after messing around in Engineer Mode. It seems that re-flashing the camera doesn't revert the calibration to the factory defaults. I'll try to ask Aiptek support if there's a way to set all things back to the factory defaults.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 3:08 PM   #70

luv to hear what they'll say.

once yo go into these settings you're no longer with the orginal factory, or engeered set savings.

You will need special papers for pixal, white balance and other.

you'll need a correct distance for the cam to be set a meter if it is off you fail.

I am sure there is a little more then just turn the cam off, I am sure you have to se, or save the files.

it may be best to send it allow for repair.