Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:13 AM   #71
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Hi all,

just getting my head around the differences between this to model from aiptek: z700 and h5 extreme.

They seem pretty simiar in performance, same cmos and so on. So i dont know what to choose. I would like a camera that is able to film in true 16:9 and is also to do 60 fps??

which one i choose?

thanks in advance

ras
rasnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 1:59 PM   #72
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

1920x1080 the H5 claimes. gvs 1440x1080 16:9 ratio in editing on hd1080 mode
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 6:53 PM   #73
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Default

hey fishycomics, thanks a lot for the reply!!

you mean that to get a true 16:9 ratio on the z700 a crop is needed at edition?

in that case, you make out that this clip (http://vimeo.com/5585927) went through that?

thanks
rasnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 7:36 PM   #74
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

Aiptek GVS / Z700 a Hd1080P model that shoots 4:3 in 1440x1080. All other settings are of 16:9 ratio. 1280, 858. letsnot forgettehy left out 340 .

So how does one correctly change the ratio. its all about editing. and how simply shown.

I believe ones Tv will correctly cahnge 4:3 to 16:9 but expand and make everything look out ofproportion, correct?

Here I show cahnging its Pixals interlacing

hope the short video demostrates what you're after.

I am sure the member did just that used whatever editer ,and object properties



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkqC8G9z5zY
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 1:24 PM   #75
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Default

thanks very much
rasnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:05 AM   #76
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Hi, I'd like to buy this Aiptek camcorder:
Action-HD HDMI - Full 1080P HD Camcorder
Code:ZHD21X-CS
Price: $229.99
found here: http://www.aiptek.com/HDCamcorders/

because of its "Gyroscopic Stabilization" (supposing it's better than digital stabilization).

But since I'm in Europe I'm looking for the equivalent product and reading this thread it seems that it is Z700.
But in in european Z700 website I read that it has just digital stabilization:
http://www.aiptek.eu/index.php?optio...207&Itemid=508

Is it a misprint, or the two products are actually different?

Thanks.
marcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2010, 4:28 PM   #77
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

Aiptek.de Aiptek
known as the aiptek z700 extreme full 1080P hd

also known in full 1080p called thez700 / GVS

Face detect, Pause recording and 1080p 1920x1080 video with stills 3mb,8mb and possable 10 or12mb

New and Improved may or not be better, aswell firmware / hardware improvement

a decision has to be made if The newer one iswhat you're after in your Region.

look for future videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcius View Post
Hi, I'd like to buy this Aiptek camcorder:
Action-HD HDMI - Full 1080P HD Camcorder
Code:ZHD21X-CS
Price: $229.99
found here: http://www.aiptek.com/HDCamcorders/

because of its "Gyroscopic Stabilization" (supposing it's better than digital stabilization).

But since I'm in Europe I'm looking for the equivalent product and reading this thread it seems that it is Z700.
But in in european Z700 website I read that it has just digital stabilization:
http://www.aiptek.eu/index.php?optio...207&Itemid=508

Is it a misprint, or the two products are actually different?

Thanks.
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:47 AM   #78
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks for your answer, fishycomics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Aiptek.de Aiptek
known as the aiptek z700 extreme full 1080P hd
also known in full 1080p called thez700 / GVS
So do you confirm that they are the same product?
And what website tells the truth: the european (electronic stabilization) or the american (gyroscopic stabilization)?
marcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:51 AM   #79
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

z700 andGVS

z700 extreme and action hd-HDMI (GVS)

asking Aiptek they are nott he same cams

I cannot say its a webhost mistypo forsure
others found two newer models, with LESS the Gyro video stab.



Quote:
Originally Posted by marcius View Post
Thanks for your answer, fishycomics.



So do you confirm that they are the same product?
And what website tells the truth: the european (electronic stabilization) or the american (gyroscopic stabilization)?
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:18 AM   #80
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
z700 andGVS

z700 extreme and action hd-HDMI (GVS)

asking Aiptek they are nott he same cams

I cannot say its a webhost mistypo forsure
others found two newer models, with LESS the Gyro video stab.
Thanks!
marcius is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:11 AM.