Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:24 AM   #1

As I have posted here a few days back, I just recently acquired a new Aiptek PocketDV AHD 100 Pro

http://www.aiptek.com.tw/c0_1.php?bid=2&cid=5&pid=32

a.k.a. HD-1 720P High Definition Camcorder US version...

Unlike the US version, mine's got 32mb of internal memory only and an 1G MMC was given by the store free..In comes in with the same package Aiptek users got...

I have been playing around it trying to get the best quality of picture and video as possible. Although just like any other Aiptek available I believe Sound/mic seems still be a problem...for me is of low quality sound(volume)

I have also been trying to use the auto and manual EV and flash and all of that...I wish someone could lead me to the right link of past threads regarding the "TECHNIQUES" as to lighting, sound, and video quality to maximize the usage.

Lastly, I have been compiling pictures and video, alas, I just can't upload it since it's in a .mov extension. I cannot even see him. What shall I do...I have also tried to take a picture and this seems a bit blurry and I really do not know any technical about it. HELP! thanks in advance
maernz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:56 PM   #2

maernz wrote:
Quote:
As I have posted here a few days back, I just recently acquired a new Aiptek PocketDV AHD 100 Pro

http://www.aiptek.com.tw/c0_1.php?bi...d=5&pid=32

a.k.a. HD-1 720P High Definition Camcorder US version...

Unlike the US version, mine's got 32mb of internal memory only and an 1G MMC was given by the store free..In comes in with the same package Aiptek users got...

I have been playing around it trying to get the best quality of picture and video as possible. Although just like any other Aiptek available I believe Sound/mic seems still be a problem...for me is of low quality sound(volume)

I have also been trying to use the auto and manual EV and flash and all of that...I wish someone could lead me to the right link of past threads regarding the "TECHNIQUES" as to lighting, sound, and video quality to maximize the usage.

Lastly, I have been compiling pictures and video, alas, I just can't upload it since it's in a .mov extension. I cannot even see him. What shall I do...I have also tried to take a picture and this seems a bit blurry and I really do not know any technical about it. HELP! thanks in advance
So you cannot even 'see' the videos since they have a .mov extension? Or do you mean you just cannot play them? They should play in Quicktime assuming you are using a PC or even a Mac.

The reason your photos may be a bit blurry is that Aipteks and similar Hybrids tend to have a rather slow shutter compared with regular digital cameras (At least the more expensive Digital cameras anyway). They share this quality with Cameraphones and the trick is the same. When you take a photo, count in your head a couple of seconds or so after pressing the shutter button, and do not move your camera while doing so. You should see some sharper photos.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:23 PM   #3

maernz wrote:
Quote:

There are plenty of websites with tutorials and suggestions about how to take good video. These are basic rules that apply no matter what sort of camera you're using. Just do a search for words such as "video technique"
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote