Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 11, 2009, 5:41 PM   #21

SD TV: Video is ok.
HD TV: Video is not ok. The HD shows so much detail that you can see the imperfections in the video. Especially low light.

I don't understand. For me the hazy blue-ish blur is obvious to me and others, even on the vimeo site.

I suppose this is just what you must expect from a low price camera. Otherwise, I don't have any complaints.

I may return it for the A HD+, however that is $30 more, and no MP3 player.

*Edit: I've added some samples. 1 snapshop, undedited. 2nd, edited for emphasis.

Orignal:

Emphasis:

adabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2009, 9:52 PM   #22

like i said i did not see it hmmm

wonder if a defect?

here is a P-HD I liked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-onYUZoDbY
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2009, 1:02 AM   #23

I apologize for my persistent spirit, fishycomics. I was frustrated with my purchase and therefore was venting.

The P-HD looks promising. There are some things about it I like, and some things I don't, as with my camera.

I may just keep the camera and wait till I have more funds saved up for a slightly better camcorder.

This HD-1 is actually really nice, as the videos show. But I'm working on a low budget drama film project, and low light scenes are inevitable. My colleague seems to be impressed with this camera, so time will tell. Although I only have a 30 day return limit at Sears.
adabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:34 AM   #24

you are in all the right to VENT. and I know it is not towards me. never appologise, just hammer it out....

Whatever was paid is awefully a lot of money. if it was 30.00 or 150.00

if there is a defect, then would a exchange , be offered with still the chance to return for a full refund within the thirty day or extend from that period.

you also have the option to auction, or pass it on.

Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:45 AM   #25

Just an anecdotal data-point. I tried out the Sony Webbie CM1 at my local Frys last night. Couldn't put in a memory card and get a video, because the slot is obstructed by the tripod mount. However, I did get a good chance to compare its low light ability with my V0173 pocket Kodak HD. Of course, there was no comparison, as the V1073 is without peer at low light (IMO) but I did note that the Webbie was also very poor by comparison with the HD1010 that Frys also had on display. This is no recommendation for the webbie, as I returned my HD1000 because it had such poor low-light performance by comparison with my HF100 at 24p, several of which I use now as my 'standard' camcorders.

So I suspect that the manufacturers will keep the low-light tricks for their higher-priced camcorders. The Webbie has a large sensor, larger than the HF100, yet there must be more than 4 f-stops of difference in sensitivity... My Kodak V1073 has a 1/1.8 inch CCD, and is just about as good as the HF100, give or take a little each way...

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2009, 2:01 PM   #26

dam pick me up pinn ..........

If I were interested, I ask Frys to get

one tht is not blocked, or I walk out, you have the right

to test out with the card. but we all know

we live in a world with everything is

Just a shell. and yes even behind GLASS

that bad

Trevmar wrote:
Quote:
Just an anecdotal data-point. I tried out the Sony Webbie CM1 at my local Frys last night. Couldn't put in a memory card and get a video, because the slot is obstructed by the tripod mount. However, I did get a good chance to compare its low light ability with my V0173 pocket Kodak HD. Of course, there was no comparison, as the V1073 is without peer at low light (IMO) but I did note that the Webbie was also very poor by comparison with the HD1010 that Frys also had on display. This is no recommendation for the webbie, as I returned my HD1000 because it had such poor low-light performance by comparison with my HF100 at 24p, several of which I use now as my 'standard' camcorders.

So I suspect that the manufacturers will keep the low-light tricks for their higher-priced camcorders. The Webbie has a large sensor, larger than the HF100, yet there must be more than 4 f-stops of difference in sensitivity... My Kodak V1073 has a 1/1.8 inch CCD, and is just about as good as the HF100, give or take a little each way...
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:20 PM   #27

I would have insisted if the Webbie had come even close to working in the dimly-lit areas of Fry's TV viewing rooms, but it didn't even get close enough to excite my interest

that said, I will almost certainly buy the new PM1, with fixed focus and the swivel head. The ability to film continuously to the capacity of the 16 GB card is what is so seductive about the Sony webbie products...

://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&a mp;langId=-1&productId=8198552921665
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:36 PM   #28

Hold that last statement of mine - I just found a manual for the Webbie cameras at

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/MHSCM1.pdf

And it says that only 25 minutes of continuous shooting is possible. Sigh. Never believe the Press Releases...

No interest any more, sorry...

Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:29 PM   #29

wha... 25 min limit. well to a sample is up I am hesitant.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:49 PM   #30

Trevmar wrote:
Quote:
And it says that only 25 minutes of continuous shooting is possible.
Hehehe, it seems Sony doesn't want to pay the European camcorder tax for their webbie cameras. Hence it's low price, I guess. This put the webbie cameras under the digital still camera category which must be restricted to the above mentioned recording time. Either this, or there could be some issues with FAT32, which I doubt.

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote