Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 9, 2009, 11:31 PM   #1

Hi All,

I am scouring the web for a HD camera with strong audio capabilities. I recently lost my Nano 3Gen. and would like the combination of being able to listen to my tunes, watch videos/movies and record in HD 720p. I have come across the Aiptek action HD GVS but am unable to find any decent reviews on it's capability as a mp3 player.

Basically i would only use the video recording/camera options occasionally and it's primary use would be as a music/movie player. Compactness is also a priority

Any ideas?:?:
Consciousness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2009, 3:59 AM   #2
Super Moderator

I've just moved this to the Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicamssection where our experts can help you out.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2009, 4:21 AM   #3

what did the specs say for being a MP3 player? the GVS.

HD1 or HS-Hd I think are the comeback model. for MP3 one of them. The GVS is not.

Consciousness wrote:

Quote:
Hi All,

I am scouring the web for a HD camera with strong audio capabilities. I recently lost my Nano 3Gen. and would like the combination of being able to listen to my tunes, watch videos/movies and record in HD 720p. I have come across the Aiptek action HD GVS but am unable to find any decent reviews on it's capability as a mp3 player.

Basically i would only use the video recording/camera options occasionally and it's primary use would be as a music/movie player. Compactness is also a priority

Any ideas?:?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2009, 8:05 AM   #4

Well i got the models a little mixed up, it turns out the one i saw on yahoo was a older one, Aiptek mvp or something like that. I'm pretty sure what i am looking for doesn't exist, yet. So am in neg. to buy a used nano 3g 8gb for $60 and will continue looking into affordable HD compact camera/camcorder.

I really only need 720p, is the HD GVS the best thing out there for around $200 or should i look at bigger names.

Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:04 AM   #5

O.K. Sorry guy's for not doing a full search of you site, it seems there are many hd cams that offer mp3 capability.

Now the only issue is which is the highest quality/spec for the money, as i said true 1280-720p is enough for me also i own a Macbook 2ghz core 2 duo with 4GB 667 mhz which i would want to download movies/music from and watch/listen on the camcorder, also have projector w/dvi & component input (have hdmi to dvi cable).

So i will continue to look through the site but if anyone has any immediate suggestions they would be appreciated.

T.I.A.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:54 AM   #6

My Head is hurting! I am bewildered by all the choices, of course technology moves fast so i assume the models with the latest release date will be the best ones. However it is not clear to me which are the latest models on the market.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:22 AM   #7

I have to say, that if you are using it PRIMARILY as a music device I really don't see the sense in getting a camcorder for that. I know you perhaps only want to carry one device but it's not as if a decent mp3 player (which generally have far better controls for music playing) would be that intrusive, or even that costly these days, but that's just me.

I carry a separate high capacity mp3 player and have never used the mp3 functions on any of my camcorders. I also listen to podcasts as well which would tend to make the camcorder mp3 players useless anyway as they don't have auto bookmarking ability. Even regular mp3 players often don't have this.

If you are planning to do this, make sure you carry more than one battery with you everywhere so you don't have an almost exhausted battery when that once-in-a-lifetime shot presents itself!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:48 AM   #8

Thank's RGVCAM,

Yeah your're probably right, i was just trying to conserve on the amount of gadgets as they tend to build up quickly.

Cheers:?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:53 PM   #9

one step of closing topic:G

are you willing to listen to music for under 1 hour?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2009, 3:16 PM   #10

Sure, i really only use it for riding the subway to and from work (about an hour) at home i would recharge it for the next day. so that would be about a 3 year life span on the battery if i used it every day assuming it is L-ion right?

Sounds interesting, what is it?