Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 15, 2009, 7:47 AM   #21

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
. They however have a 60fps h264 model based on the ambarella chip I think.
Do you know which model? I'm going to shoot some video between the Z700 and the Z1012 in 720p (30fps) mode as a quick test. I might up-load a "RAW" sample form the Z1012. I'm not happy with my up-loads, so to be fair to the cameras and the comsumers out there I have back off on posting videos for examples untill I figure out what I'm doing wrong.
NuttySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:19 AM   #22

I see that the Z1012 uses MPEG-4 Adv [email protected]codec. In 720p mode at 30fps it has bitrate at 13.6 Mbps, This can't be right? (13.6Mbps). Is this camera a "fixed" bitrate system? also anymore thoughts on ArcSoft H.264 vs MPEG-4 Adv [email protected]codec?

here is that "Raw" sample from the Kodak Z1012(720p 30fps).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0XR8NUn4h0&fmt=22

http://www.vimeo.com/3677101

NuttySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2009, 7:44 PM   #23

The Kodak Zi6? flat pack replacement camera should?

Kodak normally uses another chip that uses the older mpeg4 (I thought DIVX variant). The older one is less efficient, requiring more datarate and uses less power (though I do not know if the chip does due to the advanced low power design of it's competitor ambarella).

People had been posting original camera clips (that could be downloaded once signed in) along side their videos to vimeo, I do not know which are the current favourite sites.

Forget the HD for samples on these services (as maybe restricted and it is not representative) post lowest res and choose an service that allows you to include the original file as well.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote