Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 13, 2009, 7:26 PM   #1

This software at US$30 looks to be a budget solution to maintaining HD quality from camera to PC, editing, then uploading to Youtube or similar. Reading the Quicktime material it seems that the editing features are fairly basic but what is good is that it appears to be a complete solution from camera to the final destination and use. A one stop shop.

So the big question, what are the experiences with Quicktime Pro? Is it a one stop shop solution?

If its relevant my camera is a Digilife which comes with Arcsoft software which is rubbish to use and does not do everything anyway. PC runs Windows XP.

260DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:58 AM   #2

Its surprising that apparently noone knows anything about Pro, seeing that it seems to be so widely used :O
260DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2009, 2:18 PM   #3

I think you'll find that everyone shuns QT for it's pitiful quality (personal opinion). Try Presto. I've used it briefly and it gave exellent HD to xvid AVI conversion and the editor seems comprhensive and good.
DaddySi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 1:48 PM   #4

I have Quicktime Pro and love it. I have both Macs and Windows PCs. I use it on both.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote