Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 25, 2009, 4:36 AM   #21

Site hasa glitch today if my post is not here oil well..

WHen you say GIGXON, you are referring to TEKXON, and MEGXON, they are nott he main company a letter from another company, that will not offer anything but a sale. they will not offersupport other then a return a repair that is hardware related. software related , sounds like they do not have the rightto pass to a purchaser

a company

You can feel free to use our products even they needn't to be updated the firmware. Because our products can work well directly, no need to do any upgrade, they are different from Ipod. And the firmware is made by our suppliers, they can not offer us this information for competition purpose. Anyhow, you are welcome to buy one to test.

Here is a link about our new products for your reference:

You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Have a nice day!

NuttySquirrel wrote:

Quote:
Firmware 1904 (update)

Gigxon replied back, not good news, that did not understand what I ment by firmware ver.1904 and to please explain better and to recontact them, soI will
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 5:31 AM   #22

Hello,

I want to buy a camera and I am very interested in the Aiptek Z700.

I don't want an expensive camera to do professional stuff, my main usage will be to record my baby and easily store that on hard drive and DVD to watch on my lcd TV.

I currently have a mini-DV camera but it's way to annoying to transfer that to a computer.

So this cheap Aiptek Z700 camera seems very interesting for my basic needs (because all the other cam I look at start at least at 400 euros.

there are 3 bad critics about this product and I wanted to know if they're acceptable issues or if they really make this cam useless for my needs

1) sounds quality
I read that the sounds was bad because we could hear noise from the camera itself. Is it really loud and ruining the audio?

2) video quality inside (we poor luminosity)
does it make the viedo that crappy or is it still quite ok for family usage?

3) Resolution when put on TV
I heard that since the resolution is not 1920 pixels, the image is stretched when you watch your videos on a LCD tv
Is it true, is it really noticable?

Another question, I see in the specifications that the files are saved as .mov
Does the software included with the package allows to save these files to DVD and then play them from my DVD player?

Thanks a lot for you answers

Lopimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 2:16 PM   #23

welcome Lop.........

1 sound

2 vid quaility

3 format

three excellent questions.

Q1 sound, if you expect top quality, from a low budget cam I wonder how one can improve. It is said the z700/gvs has a external mic, using ht BEST mic on the market, or the worst. it is what is in the hardware of the camera the sound card or circuitry. I am happy it is by far better then the Z500/action hd.

Q2 two links below are just that

Q3 .mov cannot just be added to a dvd.

Q2, Q3, when converting you will edit in a program for example win moviemaker

convert to avi, edit, save to file as DV-AVI

magix movie edit pro 12. or any 3rd party. open import, edit, render, save to DVD disk, Programs automatically convert for you, unless you choose your prefrence

Why at times I say a editer is a convrter.

Lopimp wrote:

Quote:
Hello,

I want to buy a camera and I am very interested in the Aiptek Z700.

I don't want an expensive camera to do professional stuff, my main usage will be to record my baby and easily store that on hard drive and DVD to watch on my lcd TV.

I currently have a mini-DV camera but it's way to annoying to transfer that to a computer.

So this cheap Aiptek Z700 camera seems very interesting for my basic needs (because all the other cam I look at start at least at 400 euros.

there are 3 bad critics about this product and I wanted to know if they're acceptable issues or if they really make this cam useless for my needs

1) sounds quality
I read that the sounds was bad because we could hear noise from the camera itself. Is it really loud and ruining the audio?

2) video quality inside (we poor luminosity)
does it make the viedo that crappy or is it still quite ok for family usage?

3) Resolution when put on TV
I heard that since the resolution is not 1920 pixels, the image is stretched when you watch your videos on a LCD tv
Is it true, is it really noticable?

Another question, I see in the specifications that the files are saved as .mov
Does the software included with the package allows to save these files to DVD and then play them from my DVD player?

Thanks a lot for you answers

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2009, 2:26 PM   #24

Thanks for your answers fishycomics,

Since I am not in a hurry to choose my cam I'll keep on investigating other ones.

I heard of the Sanyo Xacti HD1000. It's twice the price, but it has really good review.

I am a bit afraid to be desapainted by the z700 so I'd rather pay twice the price and be happy of the product than 200€ and be disapointed.

the Sanyo Xacti HD1000 seems to be a good product and it's still cheaper than the oather HD cam on the market.

Well thanks again,

I'll keep investigating these two and other ones and let you know when I'll get one.
Lopimp is offline   Reply With Quote