Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 21, 2009, 2:10 PM   #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9uETv7R9is

wit hte new GVS you have the option to do exactly this.. watch video no hidden tricks
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:04 AM   #2

Are you talking about videoing and taking snap shots or something else (without taking hours to download a clip)?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:49 AM   #3

I like the video fishycomics.

I am assuming the only advantage this option would have over retrieving frames via a video editor program is that it enables you to be able to do this while 'on location' so to speak. This would then allow you to immediately have them made into prints at a local Walmart etc. for friends etc. without ever needing to go near a PC.

If it could actually take high resolution photos while videoing (all without pausing the video of course) then that would've been cool but I guess we have to be realistic with these devices!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 7:59 PM   #4

If I shown exactly what the cam cn do , then that is what I am talking about.

the Dual record is a feature we all been waiting for. and only those who have the GVS will be able to do so, and with a Upgrade, as well, if the company allows it.

1 you do not need a PC or MAC

2 you can walk into any local photo machine

You are able to video, and capture a still. The still is off of HD720P, and WVGA only

the file size 26kb-80kb, not 1.5mb

you will be able to print, but not 8x10's maybe a passport size.

it is like everyone saying full digital is useless.

We try our best to grab that frame from the 30-60 fps video, with a pc, but not easy. we can print screen and paiste to a photo program or paint. well this is now done right in the camera. only thing we can say is M.I.A. will beeditingvideo and that is soon to come with a price tag of 300.00 for AIptek. more features more $$$

we must learn to snap a shot and combine the two, candeffently say yes that is that thumbnail lol

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote