Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:40 PM   #11

I don't know. I think one might have to download the trial version to find out.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:20 PM   #12

sells 90 gave 20.00 of now offering 15% off, probably a st patty day
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 3:23 PM   #13

and

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"back to the 20% off Lol

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"is it worth it

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" at the moment
Old Mar 20, 2009, 3:41 PM   #14

This Vasco Da Gama 3 Magix Edition is cool, if it works like the above diagram explains. It gives you maps and 3D boats, planes, etc. to trace travel routes.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 3:42 PM   #15

Here's a link to the video DEMO:

http://www.magix.com/us/movie-edit-p...sco-da-gama-3/
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:26 AM   #16

No reduced price upgrades from MAGIX for existing MEP14 Plus owners???
jazzhdv178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2009, 7:14 AM   #17

I would trade my 14 plus in for 15 plus forfree nothing more. why advance for just a few additional things. a animated map LOL fixed glitchs lol

purchase again additional plugins hmmm and probably recieve the same sound maker soungs hmmmm

Iwin one post comment not triple the amount thank you:P
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:48 PM   #18

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I would trade my 14 plus in for 15 plus forfree nothing more. why advance for just a few additional things. a animated map LOL fixed glitchs lol

purchase again additional plugins hmmm and probably recieve the same sound maker soungs hmmmm

I wouldn't pay much to upgrade, but if the enhanced AVCHD would beuseful if it allowed using the fancier transitions on JAZZ native .AVI clips without having to re-encode them first. MEP14+ won't work for these... flickers badly, but will work if re-encoded (still using H.264 video codec and .AVI container!). The animated map is about the most worthless thing they could package with this, unless it was intended to amuse my kids.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 1:07 PM   #19

I use the Jazz w/o issues unless it was on 12plus LOL, 14 with aiptek is like a revrb. so I cannot imagine 15 being any better for me if it is upgraded and i am not

I may go for Pinn 12 for free losing out on the 30.00 as I am not home but it came it went it is back again so i can see this also coming out for free later

jazzhdv178 wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't pay much to upgrade, but if the enhanced AVCHD would beuseful if it allowed using the fancier transitions on JAZZ native .AVI clips without having to re-encode them first. MEP14+ won't work for these... flickers badly, but will work if re-encoded (still using H.264 video codec and .AVI container!). The animated map is about the most worthless thing they could package with this, unless it was intended to amuse my kids.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 8:14 PM   #20

What's the secret for installing the downloadable trial copy of MEP15+? I D/Led the file, but it's not a self extracting archive, nor an auto-installer, nor an executable.

EDIT: The problem apparently is that my virus software was deleting the ".exe" file suffix! I contacted MAGIX about this... once I renamed the file with ".exe" suffix, it ran and installed OK.

I like the revamped interface better, but the $69 cost to upgrade is not worth it if you have MEP14+. I'd maybe pay $20, but that's about it.