Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:52 AM   #1

Me Danny again,

Here I review the Vivitar DVR 530 hybird Camcorder. I shoot the video using the Samsung NV15.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/tCJ18fEM764&feature=channel_page&fmt=18[/flash]

It records great video from a TV or VCR in three different modes. The finest is the best. I found the battery life was poor. Could just be a dud battery though.

But overall a very nice camera.

Danny
simplydannygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2009, 9:28 AM   #2

This is the same model that my brother has in the UK. He only used it about twice as unlike me he doesn't seem to be into photography and video :lol: The video is quite decent as you say and I just wish I could get him to use it a bit more (or any camera for that matter!)
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:14 AM   #3

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
This is the same model that my brother has in the UK. He only used it about twice as unlike me he doesn't seem to be into photography and video :lol: The video is quite decent as you say and I just wish I could get him to use it a bit more (or any camera for that matter!)
What only once?? What a waste. He does not know what he's missing. You should borrow the camera and never give it back.:lol:

He ought let someone who knows how to use it do some thing with it....

The zoom range is very good. When you use in the hightest resolution. The piture and sound are more than just decent.

Danny
Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:29 AM   #4

My current favorite is my cheap Jazz HDV178 I bought from Walmart for $99. It even has quite decent low light ability considering it's price though I am still currently looking for a better HD camera.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:32 PM   #5

what is the format that the jazz saves in. i am looking at walmart and they have that model and also a jazz 188. no real difference there. But my goal is to save all my movies to a external hard drive for viewing later. i am not going to do any video editing etc.... not much anyway. Is the Jazz a good camera for basic family stuff.
dugger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:34 PM   #6

Hmmm. I hvae have not had the pleasure of examining thet Jazz Camcorder. Brought really cheap one $30.00. Took it back to Walmart. But I Did do a review on , But I got to upload the video again. But the Camera is not worth it.

On this forum I have 4 video reviews of the Vivitar DVR 530, Samsung NV and L73, and VuPoint DV-DA1-VP cameras. I love this stuff. First I hated the earlier digital cameras. I always took them back to Walmart or Radio Shack. They were so bad with light and I could not convert the video and edit it.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/hg5cIgRnWMk&feature=channel_page[/flash]

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/SE_UuQNJp6Y&feature=channel_page&fmt=18[/flash]

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/uq4NPM7bPt4&feature=channel[/flash]

I also have 5 old huge VHS Camcorders Panasonic and Canon.

Learneda lot in the last 6 months.

Danny

Old Mar 19, 2009, 1:00 PM   #7

This the Jazz I brought. It had excellent sound. But the worst camera!

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Jazz_DV151_camcorder

A Jazz DV151 Camcorder

Old Mar 19, 2009, 1:09 PM   #8

You probably bought this one right?

It only has 320x240 video which is poor even for a cheap camcorder these days. They have this on sale for $20 now.

Anyway the Jazz Elite HDV178 that have is this one:

If you do a search on vimeo for 'rgvcam' you can see a bunch of sample videos I took with this camera. It's not perfect but it has very pleasing video output in my opinion. There are even a couple of nightshots I took when I went fishing on a lighted pier after midnight!
Old Mar 19, 2009, 1:18 PM   #9

also known as Samsonic, insignia and other names.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote