Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 19, 2009, 9:43 AM   #1

Anyone every used the agfaphoto dv5000? What is the battery life? it uses AA,

IS there a review of it somewhere?

I am really up in the air about what to buy. i just want a HD camera for around the house, with kids, pets, etc... i will be playing the videos through my PS3. i don't want to make movies etc... I aonly have a basic laptop, not a movie creation station. I am thinking the VADO HD looks great, but then i saw this.Send
dugger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:31 PM   #2

I believe the easiest way is to get a Sony Webbie which I hear just works right off the bat on a PS3. As far as camera features go, I don't like the Webbie since it uses the proprietory Sony memory card, instead of a standard SD card and does not film in 60FPS which gives you the fluid movements. I have the Aiptek GVS which I am very happy with unfortunately does not play onto PS3 w/o some kind of conversion. I play my HD files on my TV with this: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?DriveID=572 which fortunately I got for free. But if you just want a no-nonsense way to play on PS3, Sony Webbie is the most direct way seeing both are Sony. I have downloaded native Sony Webbie files and played on my WD HD device, and it looks good. All the budget HD camcorders seem to have equal video/photo quality/sound, just some of the extras makes a difference. In your case you want easy access to the PS3, Sony Webbie seems to make most sense. My case I like more video options such as 60FPS (Aiptek has, Webbie does not) and I like the fact Aiptek uses SD which is cheaper. Hopefully this info helps.

dugger13 wrote:
Quote:
Anyone every used the agfaphoto dv5000? What is the battery life? it uses AA,

IS there a review of it somewhere?

I am really up in the air about what to buy. i just want a HD camera for around the house, with kids, pets, etc... i will be playing the videos through my PS3. i don't want to make movies etc... I aonly have a basic laptop, not a movie creation station. I am thinking the VADO HD looks great, but then i saw this.Send
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 7:23 AM   #3

I will be getting a Webbie today so keep an eye out for a rewview over the next couple days. You can download sample videos from here to test on your ps3:

http://www.wfu.edu/%7Eyipcw/atg/hd/sony_webbie/sample/

The quality of the sony seems better than the aipteks and Im sure their accidental damage warranty they offer on the website will come in better.

If your worried about their memory cards its kinda silly. Most people only buy 1 or 2 memory cards for their cameras anyways. I got a 8gb from newegg for under $35 and a 2gb for $8. I wouldnt let a type of memory card stop you from buying something. Yes they are a bit more expensive but atleast you know your get a good item and its gonna have a good warranty.
oopsypoopsy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 9:25 AM   #4

I luv the colors, I also own their tv. with a memory slot, but will play stills unsure of movies ,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I wonder like the Mini sd cards called XD cards a mini sd. that someone can make a adapter that fits in but we know the doors be open and damage can occure. then those who want can do.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"you are never subject to one cam with one card,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"looking foward to that review
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 9:28 AM   #5

i went toWally world last night and ended up buying a jazz 178 due to reviews i read about on here, and videos i have seen on youtbue, vimeo. that little camera for 100 bucks rocks. it was the last one they had. The do have some of the 188's for the same price, but opted for the smaller one.
dugger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:45 AM   #6

congrads.

no matter what you like you'll always be happy, for that low end price or even lower of 68.99 it does its job
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:45 AM   #7

congrads.

no matter what you like you'll always be happy, for that low end price or even lower of 68.99 it does its job
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:45 AM   #8

congrads.

Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:06 AM   #9

Quality seems to be pretty much the same, although the webbie's zoom seems to be a bit more noisy. The way I've been comparing video is actually downloading the actual video files from Vimeo and playing back on my HDTV with my Western Digital HD player, that's the true test of video quality. Also the Webbie does not do 60FPS in any of it's video modes. I think memory cards make a difference since the memory Sony uses only works on a Sony, is at least twice as expensive as an SD card. 16GB SD card I've purchased for $30, 16GB Memory for Sony is more than double that. And I can use my SD card on other devices, not so for Sony. Therefore huge advantages of buying an SD card based camera. My Aiptek GVS is so far so good, for the price range of these cameras I can live w/o a warranty. I've always found that anything Sony is overpriced. I do not deny their quality but nothing justifies the price difference, we're talking TV's, car stereos, DVD players etc. Only thing Sony I have is a PS3 since there are not any other choices besides XBOX 360 but that's another story.

oopsypoopsy04 wrote:
Quote:
I will be getting a Webbie today so keep an eye out for a rewview over the next couple days. You can download sample videos from here to test on your ps3:

http://www.wfu.edu/%7Eyipcw/atg/hd/sony_webbie/sample/

The quality of the sony seems better than the aipteks and Im sure their accidental damage warranty they offer on the website will come in better.

If your worried about their memory cards its kinda silly. Most people only buy 1 or 2 memory cards for their cameras anyways. I got a 8gb from newegg for under $35 and a 2gb for $8. I wouldnt let a type of memory card stop you from buying something. Yes they are a bit more expensive but atleast you know your get a good item and its gonna have a good warranty.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote