Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 29, 2009, 2:12 PM   #1

This is the new model remodeled after the jazz 178, changed design and cost the same. ifone is interested this is in Walmarts. jazzcameras.com, not in service, and another new model. means again on your own for research.

locate the Jazz pinned post read up, and just lern the new button cofig you're set petimum 3 user 800 processor

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2009, 1:16 AM   #2

Hey Fishy, Was this in a Wal-Mart? Trying to find where I can buy it ....online or in stores. Any ideas?

SportActionCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 5:35 AM   #3

SportActionCam wrote:
Quote:
Hey Fishy, Was this in a Wal-Mart? Trying to find where I can buy it ....online or in stores. Any ideas?

Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:10 AM   #4

I wonder if they have improved the firmware and fixed the dropping frames problem I often notice. Impossible to tell of course without trying one out.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 7:13 PM   #5

that's it I get another one but hmmm happier with the one we have. think the rubber was gone on the remodel
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:34 AM   #6

it looks a little fatter. i dont like the button surrounding the record button
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:43 AM   #7

Haven't seen this in the two local ones I recently visited yet. The one that had stock was of the old model.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:06 PM   #8

ran back had to grab some clothes, and said not this time........

the cam is deffently rounded, and no more rubber, unknown due to the dam plastic.

the circle or four buttons are on top that will give

flash white balance timer and hmmm a macro/infinity switch guessing/ and seperate rec still and a center push button with a zoon up/down button rather a switch

the usb hdmi I believe are no longer covered, as well the sd slot.

100.00 if did not have one I get one.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:11 AM   #9

i had the original that i bought 3 weeks ago. it would stop recording and sort of hang up all the time. i brought it back and exchanged it for this new one.

i am not happy with it. there is no hdmi port anymore, it comes with component cables instead. Movies are saved in a .mov format. The low light is extremly bad. Actually horrific. The menu system is completely different. No more electronic image stabalization.

one the plus side, it has a flash instead of a LED. the flash can only be used in picture mode. it works pretty good for that.

it is getting boxed up and brought back in a couple days. i can live with all the other garbage, but the low light is so bad, that it is a deal breaker for me.
dugger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:07 AM   #10

WOW!

they changed , that is not great. so those who own the Jazz elite HDV-178 older style, are better off, over the newer version. Glad I did not go out and purchase, while I nonly observed, and I should have caught that hdmi M.I.A. port, but when locked up, and in a bag it's hard, Are you sure its not in the front? Behind alocked door?