Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:28 PM   #1

I have been in vain trying to get firmware from Aiptek America for my HSHD, and they seem to be willing to do anything but even mention the word firmware, odd. But after saying I would prefer to do an update then send my camera overseas, and also that I would be getting a new camera possibly the 1080p60 model from Aiptek when ever it comes, they said nothing but www.aiptek.com.tw (firmware, 1080p60 camera etc?, don't know which).

Over at www.Aiptek.com.tw Is aw the AHD-1 PRO, which I has previously assumed was a rehash of represent models, but now notice that it claims one hours of 1080p footage per 32GB card (e:71mb/s+), and double rate 1080p video at 60 frames a second. But the specification on the page read confusingly 108030, 720p30.

One or the other must be wrong, anybody with any information?

edit: contacted Aiptek he same day, and they said that it was a mistake and already changed back.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2009, 4:46 AM   #2

Sorry but Firmware is not in their vocabulary, it is deffently a GAME with them.

the model you'rereferring to.may not have 32 gig of memory, or was it 1 hour of footage per 32 gig sdhc card

if that was possable the 30 min be 16 gig, 15 be 8 meg 7.5 be 4 gig.

Are you sure because I best be getting some caffeeen in

if 60 fps I am sue a lil more file space used,

make this the all time camera. it is said :

April fools, and I was not joking on the first line

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:56 PM   #3

Where does it say 1 hour of video per 32GB?

All I see is a heading 'Supportup to 32GB SDHC Card'

followed by:

With 4GB SDHC card, you can record up to 1 hour 1080p / 720p(60fps)video, 2 hours 720p(30fps)video, 1540 picture with 8 mega-pixel pictures for your memorial moment.

Highly unlikely it would've been 1 hour of video per 32GB in any case. It would instantly place it ahead of any of the current prosumer models and the consumption of memory media at the rate would place it outside the budget of the average buyer of these models.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2009, 4:12 PM   #4

if a gig of HD equils 15 plus minuts it be 4 gig per hour , whic it is exactly that.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"so it is a typo
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:49 PM   #5

What is this AHD-1 Pro Aiptek's "Globel" name for the Z700 and the Action GVS ?
NuttySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2009, 3:09 PM   #6

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Sorry but Firmware is not in their vocabulary, it is deffently a GAME with them.

¬*the model you'rereferring to.¬*may ¬*not have 32 gig of memory, or was it 1 hour of footage per 32 gig sdhc card

¬*if that was possable the¬* 30 min be 16 gig, 15 be 8 meg¬* 7.5 be 4 gig.

¬*Are you sure because I best be getting some caffeeen in

if 60 fps I am sue¬*¬* a lil more¬* file space used,

¬*make this the all time camera.¬* it is said :

April fools, and I was not joking on the¬* first line

¬*

¬*
Except I have trouble understanding what you are saying (but did you re-edit, the first part seems clearer now).

Sorry for the delay, had a few things here.

I contacted them around the same day, and my contact told me that it was a mistake and had already been corrected.

The camera does seem to be a 700 from the real spec.

Have recalculated the amount from the wrong GB card size per hour (was sick and slipped past me, sorry) it is over 71mb/s. I know that one of the companies (Canon, JVC or Panasonic) announced a 54mb/s MP4 camera, but am unsure if that is existing h264 Inter, intra or old style mp4. Either way that is good. Now ambarella, what will they introduce to catch up with a number of 24mb/s AVCHD/h264 cameras recently released. I mean, I can appreciate a 6mb/s 720p60 for the cheapest cameras, but having one I can see the need for twice as much mb/s. The baseline of performance, which appears to be my camera, is too low for inside lighting, but maybe it is defective.

These cameras should avoided in PAL markets (yes we are .... again) for inside home filming. The way that 50hz flicker fix works makes the screen much darker and more noisy (not just 1/6th) and the 60hz flicker appears to be much worse. This would all be solved if they only gave an 50fps mode which would make better use of datarate (9mb/s data rate on the low end 720p60/50 modes would not harm things either, and on the 720p30/25).
Old Apr 5, 2009, 3:16 PM   #7

Have to look out for the AHD-1 Pro. But the Sanyo HD2000 would be more worth it for me if it was not for the high price here, and no 50fps mode.