Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 11, 2009, 5:54 PM   #1

Hello there. I've been doing extensive searching online to find the right match, and it seems it's down to these two, although perhaps there is something that I haven't seen. I would like something that can record in HD, post and/or edit without much fuss, including youtube ( I have a new computer with Vista). About 200$ ( or euros) since I live in Europe. I also want something that takes nice stills. It doesn't have to be professional quality, but nice. I also plan on recording my son's soccer games, so perhaps 60fps would be preferable? The xacti cg10 only has 60fps in standard definition. I don't need to blow up my pictures into posters, so the number of MP( for stills) may be irrelevant ( nice 5x7 is ok, but actually GOOD quality). I just want a nice, inexpensive camcorder that can record in HD, capture shots of soccer games9 on a tripod I would imagine), and take nice clear stills that are not "camcorder" quality, but better, for about 200 euros. What do you suggest? One of these, or something else?
botanikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2009, 6:27 PM   #2

I guess the Aiptek Z700 is the equivalent to the Aiptek GVS in the US. I own this unit and am quite happy with it's performance. I have filmed outdoor and indoor sports activities and they come out great and smooth at 720p 60 fps. Takes decent pics in good lighting. For sub $200, the Aiptek Z700 gives you the most for your money, most of the more well known brands in this class do not offer 60 fps in any of the HD modes, some in standard mode like the Sanyo you mentioned. The second best is DXG-595V which has pretty much the same recording modes, however loses a few points with a sort of loud zoom motor noise and slower focus, but still does a nice job. It takes better pics in darker settings since it has an LED light, Aiptek does not. But I'd rather go with Aiptek since I have owned both.

botanikk wrote:
Quote:
Hello there. I've been doing extensive searching online to find the right match, and it seems it's down to these two, although perhaps there is something that I haven't seen. I would like something that can record in HD, post and/or edit without much fuss, including youtube ( I have a new computer with Vista). About 200$ ( or euros) since I live in Europe. I also want something that takes nice stills. It doesn't have to be professional quality, but nice. I also plan on recording my son's soccer games, so perhaps 60fps would be preferable? The xacti cg10 only has 60fps in standard definition. I don't need to blow up my pictures into posters, so the number of MP( for stills) may be irrelevant ( nice 5x7 is ok, but actually GOOD quality). I just want a nice, inexpensive camcorder that can record in HD, capture shots of soccer games9 on a tripod I would imagine), and take nice clear stills that are not "camcorder" quality, but better, for about 200 euros. What do you suggest? One of these, or something else?
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:41 PM   #3

Hi,

Have someone tested both the Sanyo VPC-CG10 and Aiptek Z600 or Z700? I can find many clips on vimeo and youtube shot with the Z600 but only a few clips made with the CG10

Can someone please upload some more videos to show me the quality from a CG10?

I Know that Z600/Z700 has higer resolution than CG10. But the Sanyo dosent feel that plastic/cheap when you hold it in your hand.

Should i buy the CG10with higher"plasticfeeling"or Z700 with better? video?

Regards, Johan

johanb2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 9:15 AM   #4

Thanks for the advice.
botanikk is offline   Reply With Quote