Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 4, 2009, 5:28 AM   #11

I just got an Aiptek Z600, which is great. But during TV playback how do you get rid of the pause mode etc at the bottom of the screen? I have FW 2201
Johnnyabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:16 PM   #12

fw2901 fixed my high pitch background noise in my video! though, now the recording sound plays back much lower on Aiptek speakers. Also, 'background' noise doesn't record too well (i.e. TV dialogue); my son's voice sounded ok when the internal mic was pointed at him from 4ft away.

Last edited by qlee72; Nov 19, 2009 at 7:34 PM.
qlee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:08 PM   #13

then you need to go back a few firmwares.
2305 was a good one

Aiptek moved on and now the GVS is like others given up on no morefixes
well Aiptek what do you have to say!
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:36 AM   #14

Default fixing recorded audio

hi folks. i found myself with a video which turned out to be important and had the high pitched hum/noise from the internal mic. i needed to get rid of the hum but leave the rest of the audio intact.

i'm posting the steps i took in case it comes in handy for somebody else. except where noted, all commands used are on linux.

1) need to get the audio separate from the video. using mplayer from: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/
mplayer -v -dumpaudio -dumpfile session6.aac FILE0006.MOV

2) need to convert the audio to wav for use in audacity. http://www.audiocoding.com
faad session6.aac

(you should see a session6.wav produced)

3) filter out the offending hum using the notch filter in audacity. please note that for my particular aiptek gvs, 7227hz was the magic frequency i needed to get rid of. this may not be the magic frequency for you (see below).
audacity from: http://audacity.sourceforge.net

a) optional: goto Analyze->Plot Spectrum to see the giant hump at just over 7000hz.

Name:  Picture 207.png
Views: 460
Size:  47.7 KB

b) go to: effect->nyquist prompt and enter: (vector (notch2 (aref s 0) 7227 100) (notch2 (aref s 1) 7227 100) )

c) optional: click on Replot to see that the hump is gone.

Name:  Picture 208.png
Views: 418
Size:  47.6 KB

d) save the audio in .wav format named session6notch100.wav

4) need to merge new audio back into video. I prefer matroska containers, so i use mkvmerge to pull the original video (sans original audio) and add new processed audio track. i didn't bother converting to a compressed format, but feel free if you want to save a little bit of space. http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix

mkvmerge -o session6.mkv -A FILE0006.MOV session6notch100.wav

5) play session6.mkv using your favorite player. (i personally use linux software to stream it to my ps3).

finding magic frequency that needs to get gotten rid of
---------------------------------------------------------------

1) you can use the plot spectrum from audacity and compare to mine. if it looks the same, you can probably use the values as-is. if it looks different, you can trial and error with audacity, or you can to go 2)

2) i used sonic visualizer to get a really detailed view of the frequencies in the audio track. (in this case, i had used the mac os version). http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/

it is very easy to pick out the mic hum if you goto: Layer->Add Peak Frequency spectrogram->All Channels Mixed. then click on the plot around 7khz and it will tell you the range of frequencies. take a number about half way and plug that into the notch filter in audacity.

Name:  Picture 209.png
Views: 445
Size:  170.1 KB

Last edited by jasonsb; Jun 4, 2010 at 1:43 AM.
jasonsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:16 AM   #15

great first post jasonsb! I do not own this camera, but I sure love technical posts like this one, with detailed explanations and steps to follow (and software tool suggestions).
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:01 PM   #16

np. it was a chance to give something small back to the community. i've got my gvs mounted w/ wide angle and wired with permanent power in my track car using a "frankencharger", all from writeups by folks.

the only thing i need is a firmware which leaves macro mode on when the camera powers up. the button is on the back of the camera and i can't physically reach it when i'm strapped in.

Name:  DSC01206.small.JPG
Views: 541
Size:  142.0 KB
Old Jun 4, 2010, 5:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsb View Post
np. it was a chance to give something small back to the community. i've got my gvs mounted w/ wide angle and wired with permanent power in my track car using a "frankencharger", all from writeups by folks.

the only thing i need is a firmware which leaves macro mode on when the camera powers up. the button is on the back of the camera and i can't physically reach it when i'm strapped in.

Attachment 156485

Thank you for your Contribution.

What FW (firmware is on the GVS? By going to the menue of the four icns, and holding Down the MOUSE, press FULLY in on the shutter and Firmware will show.

By the sound of your issue,and brought the attention, Fw 2302, and older has High pitch issues

But by the looks of the model you display you Own the newer GVS and that you have FW 2800 or 2802, the latest for the Z700, (overseas)

The Model I feel somehow not the better , bu using less of better parts, cutting cost, and corners, has issues that I find the Older GVS was way better.

You'll need to contact Aiptek.de and request the latest as Aiptek states GVS (north america) and Z700 (Overseas) are two different animals, and loading the software will damage the unit?

I proven this theory wrong, and had loaded FW 1800-to-2901 andeven crashed the cam. that the Aiptek worked just fine. I thank Aiptek for allowing up/down grading, thank you.

Last edited by fishycomics; Jun 4, 2010 at 5:29 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:40 AM   #18

got the thing from amazon in march of this year. i've forgotten what firmware it came with, but i've updated it to 2901 now. i haven't done much testing with it yet, but i have an event sunday, so we'll give it a spin.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsb View Post
got the thing from amazon in march of this year. i've forgotten what firmware it came with, but i've updated it to 2901 now. i haven't done much testing with it yet, but i have an event sunday, so we'll give it a spin.
In my eyes I believe , like I mentioned:

its a newer one. and fw 2802 came with it. and you are ont helatest and last firmware made.

Aiptek, if they are working onnewer I'll never know, they no longer like to communicate due to personal reasons that may get them in trouble.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
then you need to go back a few firmwares.
2305 was a good one

Aiptek moved on and now the GVS is like others given up on no morefixes
well Aiptek what do you have to say!
Hi Fishy,
which one was the one, which had great low light capability ?

( This was removed again from the latest ones)

Also the last 2900 and 2901 have problems with the focus
when you want to film flying birds versus blue sky, it never finds
the focus ...

So which one should I use instead now for my upcoming vaccations ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.
hartiberlin is offline   Reply With Quote