Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:38 PM   #21

2503 I liked I think no matter which one you choose y ou'll get the same, video. lowest light proformance or day timeshot. I shot most my latest on 2910 and I am happy I had the kodak zi8 winning hands down, all my sound was Aweful, all my video at night was not good.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsb View Post
np. it was a chance to give something small back to the community. i've got my gvs mounted w/ wide angle and wired with permanent power in my track car using a "frankencharger", all from writeups by folks.

the only thing i need is a firmware which leaves macro mode on when the camera powers up. the button is on the back of the camera and i can't physically reach it when i'm strapped in.

Attachment 156485
I'm wondering what type of lens is on this camera? This isn't the factory lens is it? It looks much different/nicer.
smokecombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:58 PM   #23

Its actually just a stick-on wide angle lens i got from amazon.

same as this one i guess, cept mine is black and angle was spelled right iirc.

http://www.amazon.com/RAYNOX-QC-505-...434868&sr=1-11

seems to give quite decent video for the $$. if you display it on a 55" tv it is perfectly 1:1. i can hold my steering wheel up to the tv and it is same size as the one in the video lol.
jasonsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsb View Post
Its actually just a stick-on wide angle lens i got from amazon.

same as this one i guess, cept mine is black and angle was spelled right iirc.

http://www.amazon.com/RAYNOX-QC-505-...434868&sr=1-11

seems to give quite decent video for the $$. if you display it on a 55" tv it is perfectly 1:1. i can hold my steering wheel up to the tv and it is same size as the one in the video lol.
Ah, well thanks for the link. I may try something like this. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of that low battery warning when I try to take a video. I'm upgrading to the 2900 firmware that Fishy posted, see if that helps.
smokecombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokecombs View Post
Ah, well thanks for the link. I may try something like this. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of that low battery warning when I try to take a video. I'm upgrading to the 2900 firmware that Fishy posted, see if that helps.

not a defect. you cannot rush a shot at teh turn on, I been saying that for the beginning of the Aiptek GVS's life.

A total turn off ,and lost shots even when in a ON Aiptek is baffled.