Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 31, 2009, 7:58 AM   #11

Yes the Pheonix lens, glad you noticed.

the barrel is not metal. square circle, go fish. (a game) should have been a rounded shape, if asked.

on pictures, it interferes with rounded edges, not perfectly aligning , but you get the idea.

The GVS is already set foward in zoom @ 1.4 optical zoom, thus making this a 5x optical cam, when I am sure we all could have a 7x optical if they set it further back.

I preferred my AHD series, when I commented. can be sitting with ease anywhere in a small room, rather with the GVS in a great distance.
I will probably have to keep notes now, for a video between the AHD/+ and GVS. I have now to add this to the video list LOL

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 9:13 AM   #12

Talk about being off-topic ghehe. We should probably open a new thread for this.
Yeah, I know the card game. It's called "kwartet" in The Netherlands (That translates like "1/4th-ish" or something in English..)
So this chromed plastic or maybe metal bracket that I'm looking at is the part that attaches to the CMOS? Or is this the side that sticks out of the camera? What would happen if you remove that bracket and maybe fabricated a new round one? or is the bracket itself not the problem?
Moving the lens back would probably mean other issues to take in consideration...it would probably mean a new/different lens if I'm not mistaking here.
Can't wait for the video!
Crihz
Crihz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 2:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I placed up a quick video, showing some of the options we have

Ac adapter, dc inverter, dc plugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQRRX0GkDkw
Thanks for that great instructional video, Steve! Now as to that block-of-wood battery substitute, I did not see any wire there for the middle T connection. Just what is that T pole in the battery, anyway?
camdabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 6:10 PM   #14

let steve answer that for you, i wonder why you think I am Steve? he is not part of the Hybrid section i am.

the block of wood had two nails, and two holes are drilled where it sits in, and two holes accross and wires come right out
Old May 31, 2009, 9:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
let steve answer that for you, i wonder why you think I am Steve? he is not part of the Hybrid section i am.
Sorry, I thought fishycomics was the handle for Steve.

Quote:
the block of wood had two nails, and two holes are drilled where it sits in, and two holes accross and wires come right out
That's great but it still does not address my question about the battery's "T" pole.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:37 AM   #16

ha-ha-ha. thank you

about the T meaning the three Pole positions
One will be batery (+) one will be battery (-) the other will be a guess to me ground, additional (-)

If you need a demo of it working I'll do just that, andI will show at its lowest, of power, and the peak of power. adding to my video list.

I see nothing happening when I used it I left it out, and no harm, I think since it is a 3 cell battery 1.2x3=3.6vdc or a singlecell, not gonna fool with opening a lipo ouch!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 4:55 AM   #17

Middle one is needed for measuring the status of each cell. That's how a charger determins if the battery is fully charged and it is also how the camera detects if the battery is running empty.

So uhm Fish, what do you think about modding or replacing that bracket I mentioned? Or are you already silently giving it a go to see the results? :P

Oh and I figured it out, I was just too lazy to have a look at my cam's lens. So it's the bit that sticks out of the camera. I feel a mod coming up with that crappy little piece of plastic there. :P *Whips out the Dremel and laughs scooby doo-style*

Last edited by Crihz; Jun 1, 2009 at 6:27 AM.
Crihz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2009, 2:16 PM   #18

LMAO ha-ha-ha

the middle pin I do not use as the cam only needs the outer, I have made that block mod years ago, and stil runs today will do a video now for ya showing a dc, and finding the ac as wel
gvs andIS-DV if I show the action LOL.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 7:20 PM   #19

Thanks for the explanation of that "T" contact. I wonder if there is a thread here somewhere about showing and discussing different car mounting solutions for this camcorder. If not, it might be a good idea starting one. Seems like some of you already came up with methods that could be helpful for the rest of us. I was really curious how the German Guy did it, but he doesn't seem to be around.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 3:32 AM   #20

the cams I have all fit nicely in the HEAD REST of your pass seat.

the GVS will slip out as the angle is off, the AHD is simular to the angle, but does not slip, hmmmm?

the head rest hastwo bars a peice of wood with two holes, head rest down, and if needed an additional peice with a knobfor side movement. is another method.

taking the head rest out, and slipping the mini triod or dowel in with a block or other type of platform.

I prefere the seat gets a solid vid.

vid orvids I made are on both yt andvim