Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 1, 2009, 9:56 PM   #1

Did a search on this forum for'edit', 'editing' etc but came up with nothing, strange. Anyway a while ago I asked here about Quick Time Pro but got no response, www searches indicated that editing our videos seems to be a hard topic to get anything on that alay personcan understand.

My videos are action types so there is nothing fancy required, the video either speaks for itself or not. So, in a knowledge vacuum, I got QT Pro to use with Windows XP. The good thing is it retains decent video quality and uploads well to YouTube and others without much messing around at all. It cuts and splices OK its easy to remove the bits you don't want. But that is about all it does readily.

It is apparently possible to use externally created graphics but you can't directly type in an introduction for example, a basic thing that most everyone would want I think. There are no transition effects either eg you can't fade one clip into another.

But there does not seem to be anything else around that will do the basics and reliably retain quality and upload so............ Anyway here is an example, camera is a Digilife 1080HD, next time I'll use the wide screen format which will better convey the speed involved.

Thttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg7rzAH1d64
260DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2009, 5:54 AM   #2

Did y ou not recieve a supplie software called TME total media extreme?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 5:02 AM   #3

Yeh but I could not work out how to use it properly, both the editing and file saving parts. None of the instructions around were relevant either, useless.
260DET is offline   Reply With Quote