Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 8, 2009, 6:45 AM   #1

Default Aiptek AHD300 (aussie model) av input? Urgent help please!!!!

Hi all, first time poster
Just a quick question or ten regarding the AV input on the AHD300 (a-hd 1080p). I just went and purchased one of these from my local k-mart store and took it home all excited only to find that it does not have any av input when you plug the av lead into it. on the menu it only shows up with audio record or av output. I'm very frustrated because i like this camera and it suit my purpose well because i want to remote mount a camera for bike riding.

Is there an means of firmware upgrade so it activates this feature?

If not, does anyone have a close up of the av out port if it shows that it says AV IN so i know what to look for?

Is there any markings on the box to say that it has an AV input as the ones over here didn't, it was only until you opened it up you realised it doesn't have one???

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to get one here in Australia because the distributors here are as useless as t!ts on a bull.

Are there any other cheap substitutes here in Australia that has an AV input?

If i have to buy one from the USA can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap one that is guaranteed to have this feature?

Many thanks in advance
nixlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2009, 6:48 AM   #2

oh and i had a look at the ahd200 (ahd720p) and it has the same markings on the box if thats any help
Old May 8, 2009, 7:02 PM   #3

Welcome to the Furm, as we are all getting used to a new look.

Your region probably does nor allow that feature, so you'll need to locate to a outside source. North America does

1 No oftware will fix or correct Once you load a FW in you can not downgrade

2 it is a hardware, not software, unless AIptek can answer for their behaf.

3 and No AHD720p or HD1080P of both models fixed and auto focus will not have AV input.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 7:44 PM   #4

Might be better if you state what you want to do with the camera, someone may be able to suggest something then. Incidentially I have a Digilife 1080HD which appears to have a AV input/output, it does connect to a TV anyway if thats what you want to do.

Yeh I looked at the Aipteks in Kmart but none had a remote control which is essential for my application.
260DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 7:45 PM   #5

Thanks for the response fishycomics i appreciate your help .

would you be able to tell me if this model would have the AV input as i'm getting a confused response from the seller
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aiptek-HD-1080p-...3A1%7C294%3A50

I've tried amazon but a majority of them do not mail to Australia.

260det my purpose is to use it for a helmet camera setup for dirt bike riding.
Old May 12, 2009, 4:30 AM   #6

the model numbers of North America can be located at the AIPTEK.COM site.
You can visit there and look under HD camcorder. but it seemsyou rather want me to do the work for you ((LOL))
non hd models
MPVr
PVR
PKDVR

hd models
AHD
AHD+
GO-HD
Action-HD

The Models you are looking at Are the Z series, and AHD300,500 that are the same but will not be with input recordings
those3 can be found at the AIPTEK.DE site
Old May 12, 2009, 8:29 AM   #7

Welcome, I am in Australia. Look for my thread on where cameras are available in Australia.

As Fishy says, we might have the European models, that do not have AV-in because in Europe they attract higher tax as a vcr appliance. But I do not believe there is special tax here for that, so come on guys, Europe is not the only Pal territory. However other brands are available, and are worth checking for av.

Short of it, Sam's warehouse, has DXG models (Crazy Clark and another company are related, but never see a camera in there). However, pretty low end cameras there.

Strathfield Car Sound has DXG like models, but more expensive than Sam's. K-Mart has Aiptek and DXG models under various brands, varying from store to store (ring around to different KMarts).

Aldi has had some DXG like cameras (more advanced) overseas but I don't know if any where released in Australia.

Camera House might have something.

The Sanyo HD2000 might be worth checking out, but much more expensive (the original HD1000, has some issues).

Some dive ships might have them.

I don't think i forgot too much.

This is sort of hybrid central on the net, but if enough people are encouraged in Australia, Australian forums and mag coverage would be more viable.

Last edited by Wayne12; May 12, 2009 at 8:37 AM.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 8:35 AM   #8

What part of Australia are you in by the way?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 4:22 PM   #9

As todays times June 12th or so the digital signal is going into effect
so vcr's are obsolete no more tuners to record etc.. a tivo is best. so yes to ahve a av input is great, jsut like i said those are some titles. the latest cam the GVS is not, and will most likely have the av input at a later date
no firmware, only hardware will correct it.
Old May 18, 2009, 4:30 AM   #10

Hey guys I to am from Australia and I am also looking for a hybrid with an AV IN aswell as Motion Detection. There are a few on ebay with the AV IN feature. One of them is the Digilife 1080HD. However this is no good for my purposes as I need Motion Detection aswell. Where abouts down under are you located? Im from the Gold Coast
Josh
Joshstar is offline   Reply With Quote