Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 12, 2009, 12:20 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16
Default aiptek GVS or sanyo gc10?

i'm not sure which one to try

i'm interested in 720, not 1080 but they are in the same price range


which one would you select and why?

thanks!
Spirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2009, 6:56 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirch View Post
i'm not sure which one to try

i'm interested in 720, not 1080 but they are in the same price range


which one would you select and why?

thanks!
went with the sanyo, let see how it goes (video quality is day and night compared to the jazz 178...)
Spirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 10:48 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
adalfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denmarkian
Posts: 266
Default

Congrats with ur new hybrid camera. Yeah either hybrid camera has better quality video than the new jazz hdv178. What is more nice about the S Xacti CG10, is the option of full manual control. For an entry level consumer camera that's pretty amazing compared to say Aiptek, Jazz, DXG etc.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 3:31 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalfa View Post
Congrats with ur new hybrid camera. Yeah either hybrid camera has better quality video than the new jazz hdv178. What is more nice about the S Xacti CG10, is the option of full manual control. For an entry level consumer camera that's pretty amazing compared to say Aiptek, Jazz, DXG etc.

for now i found 2 things I don't like with the cg10;
  1. battery life
  2. tv/pc connector

sample of a test I did, with zoom: http://vimeo.com/4638461

other than that, it's a very good camcorder/camera

priced at 240$ Canadian or about 199$ US which is the same as the aiptek
Spirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
adalfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denmarkian
Posts: 266
Default

Okay the short battery life is quite common with these small hybrid cameras. There's not much you can do, other than buying extra batteries. What problem(s) do you have with the TV/PC connector? Can you give details?

Quite a lot of panning and zooming in your test clip hehehe.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalfa View Post
Okay the short battery life is quite common with these small hybrid cameras. There's not much you can do, other than buying extra batteries. What problem(s) do you have with the TV/PC connector? Can you give details?

Quite a lot of panning and zooming in your test clip hehehe.

the USB connector is not standard, it's proprietary
and the TV connector work only with HDTV 480 and 720
Spirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
adalfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denmarkian
Posts: 266
Default

Yeah some camera makers like(bad for consumers though) to have their own proprietary ports and accesories. Camera's max recording resolution is 720p so maybe that's why Sanyo has restricted the output resolution to be equal. Could also be that 720p video doesn't look too good on a 1080p resolution HDTV.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 7:09 PM   #8
Member
 
jam11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Germany, Cologne
Posts: 56
Default

i have got the same problem. cannot decide me between the both cams:

Aiptek AHD Z700 (Action HD-GVS)
Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG10

Which one has got the better HD-Video quality at day time and night time?

Who has got same problem like me with deciding?

who has decided already for camera and why?


Greeting from Germany
jam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 9:32 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalfa View Post
Yeah some camera makers like(bad for consumers though) to have their own proprietary ports and accesories. Camera's max recording resolution is 720p so maybe that's why Sanyo has restricted the output resolution to be equal. Could also be that 720p video doesn't look too good on a 1080p resolution HDTV.
I suspect it's more because the CG10 can only output 720p, not that it won't work on a 1080p HDTV. After all they work fine with standard definition devices and can receive 480i and 720p broadcasts.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:34 AM.