Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 18, 2009, 5:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
thanks guys

VAscom... wwelcome aboard recieved the PM, and answering right here

On the market I agree, at times cannot find a HD hybrid that does a PMP and MP3 wish I knew.

the Z700 / GVS is a portable media player in its orginal format. 1440x1080, 1280x720 858x480 but when viewing you are on a 3 inch screen, that is HD quailty or is it ?

MP3 it is a mp3 player but unsure how to get files to a modified setting that it has.

MP3 is a waste why would you listen to 50 minutes of music, andwhy would you watch 50 minutes of video. I think I preferre 50 minutes offilming. so to use all three I believe the Ahd will do best.
it has all the info you're asking may be called ahd300 or so.
hi fishycomics ...
I did saw your reviews ans I did bought a aiptek, the Z500 pro that was good but no mp3 so I changed it for the z100 pro but that one I didn't like it so got back the money... so now i'm afraid of getting another aiptek.... do you have a review on the AHD 300 ??
the need is having a mp3 player with remote control and a good camera to record various 3, 4min video usually indoor and if it could play some videos that I put in that was perfect...
vascomartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2009, 10:07 AM   #12

Why do you need a camcorder with mp3? I can see you only want to carry one device with you, but mp3 players these days are hardly huge! Better to get the camcorder based on it's videoing abilities and a separate mp3 player in my opinion.

As Fishycomics pointed out, the battery life on these hybrids is not that great as it is, whereas even a cheap mp3 player will generally play several hours.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2009, 2:04 PM   #13

I carry my m3 player to/from it is a insignia dv-4d from bestbuy, purchased online at dealtree.com, or ebay sold as a refurbished unit costing 20-40.00 the battery life is, IS 16 hours, and that is using it as a video, mp3 an which way yo look at it period.

If I did this with the cam as a mp3/4 player 50 minutes. you tell me which is better 16 hours of playtime or 50 minutes of playtime, and the screen is a 2 inch color

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2009, 9:42 PM   #14

I myself use an Insignia Pilot! Only mp3 player of reasonable cost that had bluetooth! I use it with my Car Stereo everyday to listen to Podcasts.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2009, 10:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
does not answer, the question which camcorder
You read the part "Aiptek Action HD GVS 1080P" ? I don't see how I can further clarify as to which camcorder I am using.
hsbsitez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 5:08 AM   #16

Hi to all.. is being a great help to listen to all your opinion.
The reason I need a mp3 player in my cam is because I need a mp3 player with remote control, I know there's the ipod dock with remote and you have some mp3 players with bluetooth that can be as a remote with stereo headphones.
I just wanted to have all in one device....
but I guess the best is to have one for each propose.
thanks very much for all the help.

best regards and keep up with the good work
vasco
vascomartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 6:18 AM   #17

does anyone know if a hybrid exists that has motion detection and av input?!?!?!?!?!
Joshstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 7:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vascomartins View Post
Hi to all.. is being a great help to listen to all your opinion.
The reason I need a mp3 player in my cam is because I need a mp3 player with remote control, I know there's the ipod dock with remote and you have some mp3 players with bluetooth that can be as a remote with stereo headphones.
I just wanted to have all in one device....
but I guess the best is to have one for each propose.
thanks very much for all the help.

best regards and keep up with the good work
vasco
I've never had a positive experience with an "All in one device". Either the manufacturer concentrates on one of the function and the other functions are just crappy add-ons. Or the manufacturer do a half-a** job with all the functions and you'll have an incomplete and buggy device. The best way imo and experience is to have seperate devices, as you have written.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2009, 9:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvcam View Post
None of the Sanyo Camcorders are capable of mp3 and only the high end model has a headphone jack anyway.
True. I got it today and it plays audio files in M4A format. It has option to record voice memo, and plays it back on the speakers.
No headphone or Mic. These 2 options are on HD2000.
hsbsitez is offline   Reply With Quote