Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 16, 2009, 11:33 PM   #1

Default What software is out there to edit .MOV files created by Aiptek HD 1080p?

Newbie here. Considering buying Aiptek HD camcorder based on Fishy's posts and others. I'm not asking for the moon, I'm asking for quality HD video at a great price to be able to video pets and kids to upload to YouTube for overseas and far away family to enjoy. BUT.... I need (underscore, bold, italics, etc.) to edit these files. I'm a huge dork when it comes to titles, fades, adding music, etc. I understand this camcorder records in .MOV files... is there a work-around or something I can download in order to transfer these files into a movie editing program? (I use Windows Movie Maker and Video Explosion. I have a PC, not a Mac.)

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere... I've been online searching for over 3 hours with no answer. Thanks in advance! I'm in California, in case that's of any importance.
PuppyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2009, 7:49 AM   #2

Welcome Aboard puppylover...

AVCHD or any HD video is easily editedwith the latest movie editer on the market.
Sony Vegas 9 released for free till may 14th 2009, Pinnical studio 12 plus released for free a month 2 months plus ago. Magix movie editor 12,14,15, all the pluses. released for free on 12plus, and 14 plus rebated.

I find using magix, to have the most bang for the buck. while Sony Vegas 9 may be more catered t osimplier things, on a professional manner.

visit a site, trial a program, worse thing is ytou have a registered dll .
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2009, 5:35 AM   #3

My destination is viewing videos on Snazio - my standalone HD player. As it doesn't support h264 codec I always recompress videos to avi files with xvid video and mp3 audio. I use VirtualDubMod for this purpose. To join together all mov files MPEG Streamclip is prefered. Imaage quality on 42" LCD is really amazing.
cbm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2009, 10:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbm80 View Post
My destination is viewing videos on Snazio - my standalone HD player. As it doesn't support h264 codec I always recompress videos to avi files with xvid video and mp3 audio. I use VirtualDubMod for this purpose. To join together all mov files MPEG Streamclip is prefered. Imaage quality on 42" LCD is really amazing.
WD TV HD Media Player can play most 1080p video files directly. You can plug in your external hard drive or USB drive to your WD TV HD Media Player and watch all your Aiptek HD 1080p .mov files on your TV. No recompression is needed.
goodfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 9:08 AM   #5

Puppy,

1. Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus

2. Corel VideoStudio X2

Both of the above will edit .MOV files. But make sure you download/install the free, latest Quicktime from Apple.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 9:09 AM   #6

P.S. Beware of Sony Vegas Movie Studio. The guys who who program that piece of software forgot to add support for HD Quicktime .MOV H.264.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:52 PM   #7

On the Linux side, kdenlive didn't have any problems loading the .MOV files and using them directly. Kino wanted to convert them to DV files (which also drops them down the SD quality).

Cinelerra complained with the MOV files though. I used kdenlive to convert them to HDV files and then cinelerra was able to accept them.
athakur999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:26 AM   #8

Does anyone know about a program on the mac? I don't really like iMovie.
memzinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:44 AM   #9

Does anyone know convenient PC software for h264 MOV editing but without recompression - only join/cut/paste operations. And preferably to obtain mov file which can be played directly from camera.
cbm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:51 AM   #10

Arcsoft total media extreme. made for the Aiptek Hd models. aiptek.com sold for around 2.99 and then raised a up onedollar, check your region for pricing. a item that costed 99.99 for the same software.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote