Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 24, 2009, 1:12 AM   #1

Default Different Aiptek Action HD GVS models...

I've noticed there are a few different models floating around.

1. Classic:
http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-Action-...3139347&sr=8-1

2. (Looks the same as classic but the noted *Stereo* below the microphone) & the lens does not state (6.8mm ~ 34mm, F 3.5 ~ 3.7) on the bottom like the original does
http://www.target.com/Aiptek-High-De...Aaiptek&page=1

But the newest of the bunch, which isn't available yet:

3. An ALL BLACK model with what appears the only difference being a horizontal Flash instead of the older vertical position.
http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-Action-...3139347&sr=8-3

Other than a new paint job and a different positioning of the flash, does it look like there are any other differences?

Furthremore, why is it that Aiptek's website state that BestBuy is a seller of Aiptek products but when searched on their site, it says to "Contact Manufacturer" ?
umeraht is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2009, 6:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeraht View Post
I've noticed there are a few different models floating around.

1. Classic:
http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-Action-...3139347&sr=8-1

2. (Looks the same as classic but the noted *Stereo* below the microphone) & the lens does not state (6.8mm ~ 34mm, F 3.5 ~ 3.7) on the bottom like the original does
http://www.target.com/Aiptek-High-De...Aaiptek&page=1

But the newest of the bunch, which isn't available yet:

3. An ALL BLACK model with what appears the only difference being a horizontal Flash instead of the older vertical position.
http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-Action-...3139347&sr=8-3

Other than a new paint job and a different positioning of the flash, does it look like there are any other differences?

Furthremore, why is it that Aiptek's website state that BestBuy is a seller of Aiptek products but when searched on their site, it says to "Contact Manufacturer" ?
Umeraht... welcome aboard.

All the Models you shown, I can deffently speak for, except the last one at Aipteks site,but I wil anyway.

1. the orginal , it has a smaller Aiptek stamp on the bottom left and no stereo under the upper right, FW 2003

2 the updated one has a bigger stamp of Aiptek on the the bottom left, and stereo on the upper right, FW 2302

3. ALL Black newest model, like you pointed out all black and strobe turned, possably FW2503

There is abolutely no difference on 1. 2. in any form. no fixed hardware.

I believe they finally said we made a mistake we should have turned the flash to the side, as there is room there. and we could have added the L.E.D. lighting but to do that we have to modify more.

Bestbuy is a stocker, but I am sure itwill take sometimeto it arrives at the store, they are in shipment, why they post way in advance.

I recieved no info, and I post info,
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:06 AM   #3

What I find odd, is why they don't mention it has a stereo mic on their main website. Isn't this their first Stereo model? You'd think they would've made a bigger deal over it. It mentions it in the manual in brackets which makes you think it was an afterthought!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2009, 4:29 AM   #4

there is a lot to be said,
there
example 2 inch macro zoom

Last edited by fishycomics; Jun 1, 2009 at 4:51 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:18 PM   #5

How well does the gyroscopic stabilization work?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2009, 5:29 PM   #6

The new black model states in the description that it includes the ever-elusive AV-in.

Man. I just wish that technology would quit getting better after I buy things.

Quote:
Records from any device that has RCA outputs for entertainment on the go.

Last edited by AROtotheN; Jun 9, 2009 at 5:32 PM.
AROtotheN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 2:13 PM   #7

Do any of the models actually have stereo mics? I've seen the gray one with and without "stereo" printed on it. The one I own is without, but I see it records in stereo. However, even using the input, it's only mono. I have no problems with this, but it wouldn't be bad to have stereo at times :P Also, any other changes in the black besides the flash and possibly input? I just ordered one of those too for use as a secondary camera (I record many weddings and such. I didn't even realize the flash orientation was changed until I read this post...
Old Jun 18, 2009, 3:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Umeraht... welcome aboard.

All the Models you shown, I can deffently speak for, except the last one at Aipteks site,but I wil anyway.

1. the orginal , it has a smaller Aiptek stamp on the bottom left and no stereo under the upper right, FW 2003

2 the updated one has a bigger stamp of Aiptek on the the bottom left, and stereo on the upper right, FW 2302

3. ALL Black newest model, like you pointed out all black and strobe turned, possably FW2503

There is abolutely no difference on 1. 2. in any form. no fixed hardware.

I believe they finally said we made a mistake we should have turned the flash to the side, as there is room there. and we could have added the L.E.D. lighting but to do that we have to modify more.

Bestbuy is a stocker, but I am sure itwill take sometimeto it arrives at the store, they are in shipment, why they post way in advance.

I recieved no info, and I post info,
My GVS has the small logo, no stereo marking and the horizontal flash.
Came with ver 2602 that was flashed to 2703. No audio in...I checked.
It does now have MP3 available.
YoMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2009, 4:41 PM   #9

This cam does not have a stereo mic. this cam has a mono left/ mono right
I stand benhind my statement, I thought I go a step further with my vid and grab a mic wire and connect only and only to me side. what do you think happened?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 5:58 PM   #10

Yep,

It's stereo alright (the internal mics only, stereo as in: there are two physical mics inside the LCD panel). See my comment in the other topic started by Fishycomics: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...camcorder.html
Crihz is offline   Reply With Quote